4.

[ Amara’s ]

An hour passed; I'm already at Sadie’s condo, and she drove away already. 

"Omg, ka!" Sadie loudly spoke. "What's going on between you and Machiko Jolene, ha? Like, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her dropping you off here. Did you sleep together?" She was giving me that 'mapang-asar’ smile again. 

"Calm down!" I was amused; I did not know why.

"Paano?! Jusko ka! Rumours have been going everywhere between you two!" She dramatically stated. "I'm surprised she's not being careful. Knowing she and her group members aren't allowed to go out with anyone ba."

"I know that! It's just ano—" I was about to explain, but her doorbell loudly rang. "You're expecting someone?"

Her facial expression was nervous. I didn't know why; was she hiding something from me?

"Dito ka lang." She quickly ran to the door, napangisi ako. She's hiding something from me nga. 

"Si Sky at Gal lang pala," Sadie came back with Sky and Galilea on her side.

"Washup!" Sky hugged me and kissed my cheek. Ngumiti lang si Galilea sa akin. Skylar and Galilea were always together, even in their personal times. They're compatible: OA and Nonchalant.

"I think Sadie is hiding something," I shot back, teasing her too. 

"Huh? Wala!" Her answer sounded defensive. Mas napangisi si Skylar. 

"She's probably dating one of those famous idols." Galilea made it funnier, kaya natawa kami. 

"Wala, okay?" Sadie crossed her arms, annoyed already. 

"I know you, Sad! We've been friends before modelling days!" I clinged on her, convincing her to open up. 

"Grabe kayo, baka panibagong rumour 'yan Sadie, ha!" Skylar laughed out loud.

"It's Juniper from JMC, Machiko’s group leader!" She gave up. We amusedly smiled as she rolled her eyes. She can't lie anymore. 

"Ewan ko! She's actually terrifying me. She comes here in my condo always at dawn like 3 freaking AM! and would bring weird romantic gifts. It's cringing me so hard." She made that disgusted face, but her voice sounded soft. 

"Her sleep is probably too messed up to stay up like a vampire and come near me. I see her as my friend, and all of a sudden she started acting that way. Do y'all think she's hitting up on me?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Manhid, oo naman! Gago ka talaga! Hindi niya gagawin 'yan kung hindi siya dumadamoves sa'yo," Sky answered quickly. "Napaka swerte mo nga, oh! Pinag-aagawan ng fans, 'yan!" 

"Ang dami niyong sinasabi," Galilea answered, having a blank facial expression. Kaya natawa ako roon.

"You should probably ask her, Sadie. It's not wrong, naman," I advised.

"Ayoko! Straight ako, okay? Enemy ko nalang siya, mas compatible kami maging ganoon!" She sounded in denial. "Doon nalang siya sa kung saan siya pinag-aagawan! Crush na crush naman niya ako." She bragged more. 

"Straight nga ba?" Galilea shortly asked, smiling teasingly now.

"Defensive, in denial lang 'yan," Sky supported Gal’s question. "Tignan mo, mababading ka niyan." Sky laughed so hard.

[Machiko’s]

As soon as I got there, I had a meeting with a new producer for our upcoming music video. And then a solo interview for me.

"You haven't cleared your name, Jolene." My manager spoke to me while I was still in the backstage area.

"Sorry, Mr. Rosales. She's just a friend." A friend you slept with? Hell no. "We were just thinking that we would let the rumours fade away. It's not causing any troubles naman," I continued, keeping my smile on my face.