Allow me to pay in kind

"Guh."

Nikita's face grimaced in pain from the sensation of the blade piercing through her heart. The attacker's face contorted into a mocking sneer as he continued to twist the blade deeper through her heart.

"Cough."

Blood trickled down her cherry lips as she tried to take in oxygen to regulate her unstable breathing.

"Ahaha... this is what happens when you become overconfident, you should have killed me first when you had the chance. Although it's a shame I can't deliver you to the boss. I'll at least capture that green haired woman from before to make up for our failure."

he said as he wrapped his arm around Nikita's slim waist whispering in her ear. Her beautiful dress was now drenched with blood, her body was losing strength at an alarming rate. It was obvious she was going to die soon.

"In order to take revenge for all my fallen comrades allow me to take your head."

He said as he pulled out the blade that was pierced through her chest. A large amount of blood flowed out of her chest as her legs trembled. The attacker held his sword glistening with blood upwards and was about to slash to her neck when-

"Please allow me to pay in kind."

A deathly cold voice sounded from behind. He instinctively took a step back the moment he felt that killing intent.

"You!"

He shouted staring at the person who were releasing such killing intent. For a moment it felt like time had stopped as he stared into those crimson eyes. Standing only a few inches away from him was a woman with incomparable beauty. Her silver hair swayed gently behind her back, as she narrowed her crimson eyes dangerously. Her dress was straight and didn't have a single drop of blood nor dirt.

The attacker's eyes widened as his body momentary froze, soon he looked back on the body that he had just stabbed moments ago. The body of the wounded Nikita still stood before him. But then...

Crack!

A single crack appeared on her beautiful face. The crack continued spreading until her entire body was covered with cracks, her body eventually succumb to the weight of gravity and fell noisily to the ground. The body of Nikita then breaks apart just like fragments of shattered glass.

(Sh*t that was a clone, when did she? Wait, that explosion don't tell me!)

It's exactly as he thought during the explosion of the Fire spear and thunder spear Nikita never let her guard down, she had been planning on how to take care of the remaining Attacker the entire time. She swaps places with her ice clone concealing her presence, she waited for the right moment to strike.

"My plan was to wait and see if you were going to make a run for it during the explosion, then secretly followed you back to your hideout and deal with those other sh*t heads but, to my surprise I guess a fool will always remain a fool even if their given the opportunity."

Nikita said exasperatedly. Her clone could've easily taken care of him but, she purposely lowered her guard for him to make a run for it but, in the end instead of making the wise choice of saving his life he chooses to attack instead. What a waste of an opportunity.

(Well, there is no use crying over spilt milk. There are other ways to lure those rats out.)

Nikita's lips were upturned into a wicked smirk.

"Well why don't you tell me the location of this so-called boss of yours who gave you the orders to capture us?"

"F*ck you!"