39

TWO DAYS LATER

Nomandla Paris Khumalo

Mom had called for a small family meeting so we were all currently gathered in the living room. I made sure to sit next to Pearl who returned this morning and has been avoiding me the whole morning.

Me: "Why are you avoiding me?!" I whisper in her ear.

Pearl: "I am not."

Mom: "Okay! I asked all of you here because I want to set a few things straight. First of all, my husband's assets have nothing to do with any of you and as we were married under the community of property, everything is mine and our kids. The cleansing ceremony will be taking place in two weeks."

Mkhulu: "Makoti, we can't just not get anything after all the work we did."

Mom: "What work did you do?! Because you people have been throwing y'alls weight around and barking orders as if it's your house! Please don't annoy me, actually, I want you all to leave my house!"

Aunt: "Cha phela awukwazi..."

Mom: "I can, now LEAVE!" she shouts and they all stand up mumbling, and leave.

Me: "Mom, please don't strain yourself too much."

Mom: "I'm fine Gcino. As you guys see, those people are very heartless and toxic. We only have each other now, well and the inlaws you have brought home Gcino, Pearl, we are looking forward to meeting yours."

Pearl: "Yes mah."

Mom: "Why have you been so secretive yet you were very quick to expose your sister?!"

Me: "Yes mah! Ask her!"

Pearl: "I just didn't know how you guys would've reacted. I didn't want to be judged."

Mom: "We are better than that Gcino. If you love them old and white then who are we to stop you?!" I laugh at how she said it.

Me: "At least now I know that I will have a very beautiful niece or handsome nephew."

Mom: "Wena, when are you going back to your house?!"

Me: "Today, Lifa will fetch me."

Mom: "That boy really helped me. He did all the work by himself and then his uncles helped too. That family really came through for me. I don't even know where your brother is." Right then the door opens and bhuti walls in followed by some clicking sound, Nelihle shows up.

Mom: "What is this evil girl doing in my house?!"

Bhuti: "Hawu mah! She is my fiancée, what do you mean?!"

Pearl: "Have you forgotten that she killed dad after falsely accusing him?!" she says walking closer to them.

Bhuti: "Come on, mistakes happen."

Nelihle: "I'm sorry. I am so sorry." Pearl just slaps her hard and kicks her straight in the stomach making her fall.

Me: "Stop it man, Pearl!" I say grabbing her and stopping her.

Pearl: "Nomandla, let me hit this wh*re!" she says wiggling.

Me: "Mah help please!" Mom walks over and just kicks Nelihle hard on her face. I think she fainted.

Bhuti: "What is wrong with you guys?! She apologized nje mah!"

Mom: "Listen here wena siyoyo somfana, if you walk out that door with that girl, just know that you don't belong here anymore. You will not be welcomed in my house ever again! Anginangane eyisilima mina, uyangizwa?! I really don't care if I birthed you or not, but if you choose lento le, ungaphinde ubeke imcondo yakho la kwami."

Bhuti: "Mxm." he says then scoops Nelihle in his arms and walks out with her.

______

A little short something for y'all. We are almost done by the way.

Love you loads ke sana's❤️