29|ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴛɪᴇꜱ

Vote, comment and enjoy!

Azim 'Chapo' Nasir| Twenty-Six

🗓️Saturday, November 27th

📍Undisclosed Location

"Yute bill off a the fuckry, weh yuh mean yuh call off the wedding?" Andre asks voicing everyone's thoughts out loud, "Like yuh deaf, yuh ears wah check?" Damax hiss and I ignore them as they begin to bicker back and forth.

Early as the morning light and them deh a mi yard like them nuh live nuh weh, "Oye unuh keep it dung and mine unuh wake Amir and Slim" I tell them and they nod but continue.

Shaking my head at the two, my phone rings and I take it from my pocket to see an incoming call from Officer Jackson.

"Good Morning, Chapo" he greets in an annoyingly cheerful voice and already I'm irritated, "Yah seh?" I ask wanting him to cut the small talk and get to the reason he called.

"Just a heads up, the shooting that took place on October 12th that left 4 dead is being investigated by the higher-ups. They're also planning to reopen the case of the driveby that happened in Mountain View that left another 4 dead. If you have any loose ends left to tie up, do it now. They will storm the communities looking for answers on the 1st" he informs me and I make a mental note to link Drey.

"That's all?" I ask and he goes silent for a minute longer than I have the patience for, "Word on the street, Mendez was in the community after you guys left. What's the reason? We're not too sure" he says and my thoughts start going a mile a minute.

Mendez, the second hand to the leader of the Sinaloa Cartel and one of Jamaica's most wanted. Last I heard he was in prison on false rape charges but that's as far as I knew. 

"Ah thanks fi the info" I tell him hanging up my phone and I turn to inform my friends of what I just learnt, "Wait, mi nuh understand wah motive him would a have fi deh inna Ville" Damax says and it makes me wonder.

The only person I could get certain information from about Mendez would be Aziz but from the night him come a the house over a year ago after being released from prison, mi nuh see back them man deh.

"Mi ago link Odaine and see if him know nothing but in the meantime, Damax make yuh cousin now them a raid the community pan the 1st" I tell him and he nods taking his phone to make a call.

Interrupting our conversation when she walks down the stairs with Amir in her arms, she mutters a good morning and my eyes follow her until she disappears into the kitchen.

Last night was the first in a long time since we went all the way and even though we spoke about it last night before she went to bed, I needed to make sure she really was okay.