𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 .ᐟ

season 1 episode 1

season 1 episode 1

oh beautiful poison tree, let your power grow in me. let your sorrow pour inside me beautiful poison tree. ❜ - poison tree by grouper

-

"NO! TELL ME this isn't true!" lucianna screamed. "you're lying, stop lying to me. stop it!"

an empty hole emitted in the bernard family, and a new gravestone with that last name.

luci's father was found dead near mystic falls on the road.

the cause lurked beyond human consciousness.

sheriff forbes held down the girl soothingly, to help her gain control. "luci, darling. i know that—"

"no...no, no." the blonde shook her head, her eyesight blocked by drapes of heavy tears.

she wasn't a sad kid. she never believed she could be, but her heart was tearing into tiny pieces as she sat on the floor. sobbing her eyes out.

peter bernard was a hero. luci's hero.

the deputies wouldn't tell them the cause of his death, as if scared to reveal the truth of the tragedy.

luci saw the sheriff whisper something into her mothers ear, sacred beyond her hearing abilities.

mary bernard looked terrified. but luci didn't care, she wanted to rip her head off and that would've been the last thing she even thought of weeks before.

her first thought was that it felt like a movie. and this was the part where she never recovers.

the part where life takes them down, this was the scene that scarred her forever.

but it wasn't. that wasn't the right scene because it hadn't happened yet.

-

MUSIC BLASTED IN DISTORTION from the radio placed on the freshly painted porch.

7AM in the morning. lucianna skipped down the stairs from her room to greet her mother.

the daylight was brighter than usual, which meant that the switch that dims it ought to be much darker.

flashes of the sun crashing through the window, through the curtains.