Vol 2 Chapter 25

(Flashback)

Tiamat had received a message from Shigaraki letting her know for her, Kuroka, Compress and Spinner to head to Kuoh Academy as soon as possible. When she had asked why he told her what Kokabiel was planing on doing. She immediately called for everyone mentioned to come down and informed them on the current situation.

(Flashback over)

Valper had completed the fusion he had  thrown the sword to freed who caught it and readied himself. He had rushed towards Xenovia and Kiba. Dani had decided to leave this to the two of them. He decided to join Koneko and Toga who decided to join the fight against the two Cerberus. The church duo were on the defensive when suddenly Freed vanished from sight and appeared right behind them. He used the power of the Transparency fragment which turns its user invisible.
Xenovia was able to block the attack however she did suffer some minor cuts as a result. Freed then used the power of the Nightmare fragment to create copies of himself. Kiba used sword birth on ground to get rid of the fakes. He then heard the chuckles of Valper.

Valper: After all this time my research has finally paid off! And it's thanks to you survivor.

Kiba: What are you talking about?!

Valper: The subjects we used didn't individually have enough of a particular gene required to use holy swords. When I had realized that fact I came to a conclusion. All I had to do was take out that gene from any of the subjects who carried it. After that all I had to do was combine them all into one crystal!

Valper held up a light blue gem to prove his point.

Freed: HAHAHAHAHA! The other guys they tested it on died because they were too weak to handle the power! If you think about it you should be honored that you're fighting a one of a kind!

Dabi: You monster!

Xenovia: That crystal! Holy sword users receive a blessing. Something like that is put in their body's. A gene deficiency that must be what there using them for.

Valper: Those hypocrites! After excommunicating me they shamelessly use my research! Typical church behavior! Then again this is Micheal we're talking about. I bet he didn't take the time to kill them after he took their genes.

Kiba: There was no need to kill us?!.........HOW COULD YOU?!

Valper: You were nothing more than fodder for us in our project. We had what we needed what were we suppose to do?!

Kiba: We believed what we were doing was for god.... We bore everything because of that faith and then you.... You just threw us away like trash!!

Valper shrugged his shoulders and threw the crystal towards Kiba.

Valper: Here take it I no longer have a need for this. We've gotten to the point where we can produce higher quality crystals no fodder required.

Kiba picked up the crystal and held it close to his chest. He closed his eyes and started to shed tears. He remembered seeing the children dying from the gas.

Kiba: How many.......

Valper: Hm?

Kiba: How much did your blessed research cost?! How many lives did it take?!

Unknown to Kiba the crystal started to glow immensely. The ghost of the children who had died during the experiment appeared next to him.

Asia: Look! What's going on?

She pointed over towards Kiba. She was healing Togas cuts. They were able to defeat the two mutts. Spinner had reverted into his normal mutant form.

Rias: They look like people.