6

The next morning, Li Qiu asked the team leader for leave to go to the county. During this period, the wheat in the field had been planted, and other crops were not so busy. It was not a big deal for the educated youth to take a day off, so the team leader readily approved the leave.

Li Qiu took the leave note with her backpack and rushed to the commune. Yu Hongying, Liu Meiling, Hu Weiguo, Zhang Zhiyuan, Jiang Yue and other educated youth also asked for leave. Shi Nier did not go this time, but asked Li Qiu to buy her a red hairband.

This time, Shi Nier's brother came back from the county on the busy farming season, so Shi Nier did not need to deliver grain. The round trip fare from the commune to the county cost ten cents, and the villagers in the team would not spend the money to go to the county unless there was something particularly urgent.

The male educated youths in the group helped the female educated youths carry the backpack. Li Qiu's backpack was carried on Jiang Yue's back. With nothing on her body, she walked much faster.

After arriving at the county town on the shaky bus, the group did not separate and went to the post office together. Several educated youths had letters to send back home, and Yu Hongying had saved money for a long time to send back home to support her parents, brothers and sisters. The educated youth received subsidies every month, but it was not much. It was difficult for one person to eat for a month. It was very difficult for Yu Hongying to save so much.

Li Qiu had a lot of things to send, including three packages. She did not need to send money. The three packages were filled with bacon exchanged with fellow villagers in the team, including wild boar, flying dragon, rabbit, roe deer, some soybeans, peanuts, dried wild vegetables and dried mushrooms, and sesame oil and peanut oil she added herself.

The three packages were sent to three places along with the letter, one to Marshal Li, one to the No. 1 leader, and one to the guard who ran errands for her to send things. The three packages were given to different people, and the contents were also different. Li Qiu carefully considered before deciding how to distribute them, which would show her kindness without being too outrageous and causing trouble to the fellow villagers of the Unity Brigade and herself. The marinated game was also distributed by the team to the members of the team, not to poach.

Her several large packages made Yu Hongying, Hu Weiguo, Zhang Zhiyuan and others envious, but Liu Meiling and Jiang Yue were relatively calm, and Li Qiu could understand why.

Liu Meiling's family background made her look down on them because she could have them. Jiang Yue was really mature, calm and had a good mentality, and he could vaguely guess some of Li Qiu's background, so he was not surprised.

After sending their stuff, several people went straight to the department store. The male educated youth were not very interested in the things in the department store. They had no use for clam oil and vanishing cream, and they didn't know how to take care of their faces. Other candies and pastries required money and tickets, so they couldn't afford them. They didn't want to spend the money on things they could afford without tickets. They could save the money for something else. So the male educated youth only bought necessities. Although it was not popular to change toothbrushes every three months these days, toothpaste still had to be bought. After buying toothpaste, the male educated youth stood aside and waited for them.

When the female educated youth arrived at the department store, they went straight to the place where the clam oil and vanishing cream were placed. Li Qiu followed behind them without any hurry. There were many skin care products in her space, and her wood-type ability combined with the healing system could extract a lot of plant essences, which were effective and had no side effects. So she looked down on these things and would not use them.