12

At noon, the team leader blew the whistle to let everyone go to eat and continue working in the afternoon. The educated youths all walked towards the educated youth courtyard. Unlike the farmers in the team, the educated youths in the educated youth courtyard were very busy when they started working. During the autumn harvest, they would prepare lunch in the morning and heat it up when they came back at noon.

Liu Meiling lagged behind the others and walked beside Li Qiu. She looked awkward but spoke in a low voice: "You were eating dumplings just now."

Li Qiu didn't even blink, and continued to walk at a constant speed.

Liu Meiling didn't care. She continued to speak in a low voice that only Li Qiu could hear: "Although I didn't see you eating, I can guarantee that you are the only one in the whole team who is so good to me and you have the conditions."

At first, she was jealous of Li Qiu. At the same time, because of what Yu Si Zhiqing said, she had a preconceived notion that Li Qiu was a vicious woman. Later, after getting to know her for a long time, she found that although she was not enthusiastic about everyone, she was very principled. Slowly, her opinion of her changed.

As for Zhao Xiaoxiao's occasional words in the Youth House, such as "Li Zhiqing eats so well" and "Li Zhiqing still has some food left, I wonder if they can support us", she just let them go in one ear and out the other, and sometimes she would even directly retort. Li Qiu has her own things, and she doesn't owe anyone anything, so why should she support you? She thinks that there is nothing wrong with Li Qiu's behavior, but Zhao Xiaoxiao who said such things is despicable.

Li Qiu listened to her words and looked at her, but still didn't say anything. Instead, Liu Meiling jumped up and down: "Hey, what do you mean by that look?"

Didn't she just want to buy some food from her! Why did she look at her with such a look that said "it turns out you are not a fool"! Obviously she hasn't done anything stupid recently, and she's been working hard to improve her perspective on people.

"It's meaningless." Li Qiu looked at her and then looked away, knowing that Liu Meiling had a bad temper and didn't tease her anymore.

The latter endured it and finally smoothed out the hair that was about to explode: "I want to exchange some food with you."

Li Qiu looked at her again: "You finished it so quickly?" When Liu Meiling first went to the countryside, she brought a lot of food, white flour, pancakes, snacks, candy, canned food, maltose, dried radish, etc., she felt that they were heavy. Even though she helped Zhao Xiaoxiao in the first few days, she didn't let Zhao Xiaoxiao take advantage of her later. Moreover, not long after they arrived at the Unity Brigade, Liu Meiling received another package of food and daily necessities. If she saved them, they would last for a long time. How could she finish them so quickly?

"I didn't plan well." Liu Meiling became more embarrassed when she heard Li Qiu's question. She twisted her fingers around her corner and looked embarrassed: "Every time I was hungry, I ate a little. Who knew that I was so hungry."

She was also very depressed. She used to think that her appetite was small, but now it seems that her stomach is still quite big. She ate all the food sent by her family, and only some malt extract was left. Malted milk tastes good, but it doesn't fill you up. You still need to eat staple food to feel full.

"My family will be sending things over soon, so I won't exchange too much. Just wait until the parcels arrive. I won't let you go hungry." She went to the grain station with Li Qiu last time and knew that Li Qiu was supplied with 31 kilograms of fine grains every month, which obviously reached the standard of 360 but not more than 440 per year. But she didn't know how much Li Qiu would eat. If she exchanged too much and made Li Qiu hungry, she would feel bad.