28

The team held a meeting, and it was decided to build a mushroom factory and grow mushrooms.

The team leader went to the commune with a written application stamped with the team seal. Now, if the team wants to start a sideline business, it must be approved by the commune. Otherwise, it will be illegal. If someone reports it, the whole team will be in trouble.

Li Qiu didn't know how the team leader talked to President Liang and Secretary Li. He went to the commune early in the morning and came back with the approved documents at noon.

The team leader, who was always calm, smiled with a big white tooth on his bronze face, which surprised many people in the team. Some people who were quick-witted immediately thought that the factory was a success, and they also smiled foolishly for a while.

Soon the captain ordered a few honest and strong men to follow Li Qiu up the mountain to cut down trees suitable for growing mushrooms, while he himself led people to start building a mushroom factory at the location he had chosen in advance.

There are many trees suitable for growing mushrooms, but if you want the trees to be rich in nutrients, it is better to cut them down in autumn and winter, when the sap flows slowly and the bark is not so easy to be peeled off. But now Li Qiu had no choice but to pick some suitable trees and let the team members cut off the branches and take them away, leaving the main trunks uncut and uprooted.

Don't be fooled by the fact that there are so many trees now and forests are everywhere. In the future, the situation of cutting down various trees on the mountains will be very serious, because the global greening reduction will cause many problems, such as sediment loss, land desertification, global warming, etc.

When humans realize this problem, the ecological balance has been destroyed.

Li Qiu wants to grow mushrooms on the tree, but she will not cut down the main trunk. It is okay to grow mushrooms with larger branches. Cutting some branches and leaving the main trunk will allow it to grow. After selecting the trees, the team members started to work. The trunks were placed on the ground. Li Qiu squatted beside them and sent some supernatural powers to each one to preserve the nutrients on the branches and make up for the time difference between the two.

This time, they didn't cut too much. It was enough to use up the fungus seeds she had taken out. Then they could get another batch in the autumn and winter. However, the ones made in autumn and winter would have to be stored for a longer time to let the trees dry naturally to 60% or 70% before they could get the fungus seeds.

Li Qiu led people to work on the mountain for three or four days. After cutting all the mushroom trees needed this time, they moved them to a place to dry naturally. Then Li Qiu led people to punch holes in the selected mushroom trees to place the fungus seeds.

The team leader asked someone in the commune to make the holes. There were five round punches with a hole diameter of 1.5 cm.

The team members who came to punch holes for the mushroom trees made the holes 2 cm deep and 10 cm wide according to the requirements. A small mushroom tree had two rows of holes, and a large one had three to four rows of holes and put them aside. Immediately, children and elderly people who washed their hands put the mushroom seeds into the holes and covered them with the wood blocks punched out during the punching. Then they used a small hammer to hammer the wood blocks slightly to ensure that they would not fall off.

The mushroom trees with the mushroom seeds placed on them were to start growing mushrooms.

The location of the mushroom factory had good ventilation and humidity, and the terrain was flat. The mushroom wood to be cultivated is first piled in a shed built by the mushroom factory, and the sleepers are placed on the ground and piled in the same direction. Each pile is about one meter high and covered with thatch.