68

On the first day of the Lunar New Year, Li Qiu and Lu Zhan had breakfast and returned to the Li family with the New Year gifts.

Marshal Li and Madam Jiang had been waiting since early in the morning. When they saw them coming, they hurriedly asked people to bring out the fruit snacks. After the four of them sat down and talked for a few words, Marshal Li called Lu Zhan to his study to talk, leaving only Li Qiu and Madam Jiang in the living room on the first floor.

"Qiuqiu, how is Xiao Zhan treating you? Has he bullied you?"

Hearing Madam Jiang's question, Li Qiu thought of Lu Zhan who had slept on the floor all night, and shook her head firmly: "No, he treats me very well, grandma, you don't have to worry."

"Then grandma is relieved." Madam Jiang patted Li Qiu's hand: "After getting married, you will not be a person anymore. Xiao Zhan treats you well, so you should treat her well too. Relationships are just like visiting relatives, only when there is give and take can it last long."

"Grandma, Lu Zhan and I will be like you and grandpa, we will live a long and sweet life together."

Li Qiu still envied the relationship between Marshal Li and Madam Jiang. They were childhood sweethearts, and after growing up and getting married, they also had a common career and always worked towards a goal. How many people are childhood sweethearts who eventually become enemies, how many people are childhood sweethearts who end up hating each other, and some people abandon their wives after becoming rich.

It is really rare to find people like Marshal Li and Madam Jiang.

"What's good about your grandfather and I? You two are the best." Madam Jiang was very gentle and demure in front of Li Qiu. Like Marshal Li, she was the kind of person who was gentle with the years: "Your grandfather and I will go back to the research base in the afternoon. When you and Xiao Zhan leave, we won't be able to see you off."

"So soon?" Li Qiu was a little surprised.

Although Mrs. Jiang was a little reluctant, she still knew what their mission was: "The mission there won't be too long. Now the country is in a state of disrepair, and we can't drag it down. We have fallen too far behind other countries."

Li Qiu was silent, and Mrs. Jiang didn't say anything either, looking at Li Qiu lovingly. After a while, Li Qiu looked up and smiled at Mrs. Jiang: "Soon it will be different, we will become very strong. Grandma, you and grandpa should also pay attention to your health while working. Remember to drink the wild royal jelly I sent you."

"Okay, I will drink it every day."

Mrs. Jiang asked Li Qiu what plans he had after joining the army, whether he was going to find a job or rest at home for a while.

"I've been trying to draw recently to see if there are any newspapers or magazines that can accept it." Li Qiu told Mrs. Jiang very frankly: "I'm still learning foreign languages ​​with Lu Zhan. Whether it's useful or not, it's a skill."

"It's a good idea for you to have such an idea. It's said that you can learn until you die. It's always good to learn." Mrs. Jiang smiled: "If you want to go into politics and become a diplomat in the future, you must learn foreign languages ​​well and be able to speak, read and write, otherwise you won't even be able to pass that threshold."

"I know, grandma. I will definitely not embarrass you and grandpa." Li Qiu straightened her chest: "Although I am proud to be your and grandpa's granddaughter, I still hope that one day when someone mentions you and grandpa, they will say - oh, that diplomat Li Qiu's grandparents."

Old Madam Jiang was amused by her and laughed non-stop. She patted Li Qiu on the shoulder and encouraged her: "If you have ambition, then your grandpa and I will be waiting."