16 - Unexpected Planning

being in your presence is a gift in itself

══════✿✿✿══════

I woke up to the sound of a plate breaking.

Stupid devils.

With a weak groan and an exasperated sigh, I sat up groggily in my bed and rubbed my eyes. My eyes glanced over at the clock and another sigh left my mouth when I realized it was just half past 9.

I hate Sundays. All they do is signify that your break is over and it's time to get back to the real world.

Not that I'd call it much of a break because of my devils.

Yawning and stretching as soon as I got out of bed, I grabbed my bra that was on the floor and made my way to the washroom to put it on before doing my business, brushing my teeth and finally making my way downstairs.

"And eggs? Are you okay with that?" I could hear Mark's voice coming from the kitchen and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Is he trying to make something? I sure hope not.

Just as I entered the kitchen, I noticed a brunette girl sitting on the chair of the countertop, and I was taken aback.

Who the fuck is she—

Oh, wait.

Shit.

How could I have forgotten?

I completely forgot about the fact that Mark's friend Kaylee had stayed over. I was so tired last night that I literally stumbled to my room and got knocked out the moment I plopped down on the bed.

I looked down at myself and realized how horrible I looked and how much of a bad first impression I was going to be giving.

Since Mark was busy searching for eggs in the fridge and Kaylee had her back towards me, I turned around and hurried back to my room.

Or atleast tried to.

Because right as I turned around, there was Maya with a shit eating on her face.

"You're glowing there, sister."

She said that way too loudly.

I tried to shush her, but I heard Mark call out to me. "Meli? Didn't see you there." I heard his footsteps approaching me.

I'm gonna kill both of them now.

"Hey let me introduce you to Kaylee—" I cut him off with a finger on my lips. He looked at me in confusion.

"Let me just look more like a human and come," I whispered quickly and tried to go away but Mark just groaned and grabbed a hold of my hand. By now Maya had disappeared into the kitchen and was making conversation with Kaylee.