𝟬𝟲𝟰 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏

🎱

🎱. . .CHAPTER 64 ! -----
( real life )
❛ miss seeing you ❜

ᵣₑₐₗ ₗᵢfₑ !

With the graduation ceremony coming soon, (a couple days away) mikayla and chris have been spending almost every day together. they'll spend time at each other's houses, or they'll go out without the rest of their friends, treasuring their last couple of moments together and alone. when they're with the rest of their friends, it doesn't feel the same; they still have a good time but it just doesn't.

however, that doesn't mean that the friend group are going to spend any less time together which is why they're all at the sturniolo's home, spread out.

mikayla, maria, matt and chris are all in the kitchen while the others are in the living room having a dance party to kesha's songs. the boys are just happy that they're finishing high school, an overpowering feeling of joy taking over their bodies. but it just won't be the same without them. them going to college will just leave lucille, maria and mikayla. they still have each other but that doesn't mean they're not going to miss listening to mason's corny jokes, nick's loud complaining, matt's consistent attitude, chris' stupid comments and nate's constant worrying.

free periods and lunch in the cafeteria won't be the same whatsoever but that's just something they'll have to get used to. sure it'll take a while, but they all promised each other that the friend group won't ever split up. especially with matt and maria dating and chris and mikayla being closer than ever.

so this is the exact reason why they're all living their lives to the most that they can, even if that means having childish dance parties and baking in the kitchen—exactly what matt, maria, mikayla and chris are doing right now.

"okay so...we clearly missed a step," mikayla mumbles, her voice laced with disappointment. her hands rest on her hips while chris stands behind her, his hands on her shoulders and she looks down at the cake that hasn't risen at all. miks hastily grabs the box, thoroughly rereading the instructions at the back of it.

"yeah, ya think?" matt tuts, his voice full of sarcasm—such a repetitive tone he always seems to use. he rolls his eyes and frustratedly huffs before walking to the kitchen island and taking a seat in the stool.

maria can't help but laugh at his attitude, following where he is. she stands behind him, resting the side of her head on his back and wrapping her arms around his body. "it's okay, you can't help it that you suck at baking," she teases him and he instantly rolls his eyes again.