chapter 10: after like

THIRD PERSON

Yunjin saw Kazuha waving her over, she's standing next to Chaewon, who looks kind of annoyed. Yunjin walks over with a smile, the bag with Chaewon's tops around her arm and her coffee in her hand. "Hey, I see you finished your shopping?" Yunjin says.

"Yeah, I did" Kazuha says. "So I'm guessing we're already to leave?" Kazuha asks. "Yeah" Chaewon says coldly, taking the bag from Yunjin and walking off. Yunjin is confused by Chaewon's suddenly change in mood, while Kazuha is trying to hold in laughter.

Yunjin follows behind in confusion. While Kazuha laughs softly, walking next to Yunjin. Yunjin hits her arm, and Kazuha stops laughing. "Hey, what was that for?!" Kazuha whispers. "Stop laughing" Yunjin whispers back. "Whatever" Kazuha whispers, rolling her eyes playfully.

__

HUH YUNJIN

We got back to my house, all of us exhausted. Kazuha sets her bags down and collapses on my couch. "My feet hurt and I'm so tired" She complains. Chaewon takes her own bags upstairs to her room, quietly of course. Kazuha looks at me, holding in laughter again.

"Alright Zuha, tell me what's going on" I say, sitting down on the couch, demanding answers. She puts her hands up in surrender. "Ok, remember the cashier you were talking too?" Kazuha says. I nod. Of course I remember the cashier. He was a nice guy.

"Well, Chaewon kind of saw the interaction and I think she's Jealous" Kazuha says. My eyes widen a bit. Chaewon? Jealous? That explains her sour mood. I feel a pang of guilt. "You should talk to her" Kazuha says bluntly. I snap out of my thoughts and look at her. "Are you sure?" I say. "Yeah, talk to her it's the only way you'll fix things" Kazuha says. She's right, I need to fix this.

__

I stand at Chaewon's bedroom door, hesitant about knocking. Eventually, I knock on the door. I can hear her soft voice from inside the room. "Who?" She says. "It's me" I say. There's silence on the other end. "Can I come in?" I say, but I'm met with more silence.

Is she still annoyed? Does she hate me?

"Come in" She says. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in and I open the door. My eyes fall on Chaewon. She's sitting chris-crossed on her bed, her short brunette hair pulled into a low ponytail. She's in an oversized hoodie and it looks like she's wearing no shorts. "Don't worry, I'm wearing shorts" she reassures. I let out a sigh of relief.

She pats a spot on her bed next to her, gesturing for me to sit down. I sit in the exact spot she patted, looking at her. "hey, um I'm sorry" I say, looking down to my lap, fiddling with my fingers. "Sorry? For what?" She asks. I look up.

Did she forget about earlier?

"For earlier" I say. Her eyes widen, remembering what happened. "Why are you sorry? I'm the one who got jealous over something simple as talking to a cashier, you shouldn't be sorry" She says, placing a hand on my shoulder. I look at her and smile. "Thanks" I say softly. She leans in and kisses me on the cheek. "No problem" she says before walking out of the room.

I sit there in shock. Did she just kiss me? I feel hear rise to my cheeks, and before I know it, I'm blushing really hard. My heart feels like it's about to burst out my chest.

This girl makes me feel things... Alot of things

I snap out of my thoughts and head back downstairs, where Kazuha and now Chaewon are. I join them on the couch. "So what movie are we watching?" Kazuha asks. I shrug and look at Chaewon. She looks up and taps her chin, thinking about what movie to watch.

She's so cute when she does that.

"- how about we watch Harry Potter?" Kazuha suggests, which also snaps me out my thoughts. "Yeah, I'm up for it, what about you Yunjin?" The cheetah says. I look at her. "yep, I'm good with that" I say and Kazuha turns on the first movie. I sit back on the couch, and I feel someone lay their head on my shoulder. I look to see it's Chaewon. I smile to myself and wrap my arms around her shoulders, pulling her closer.

__

After the movie, Kazuha speaks. "I'm super tired" she says, laying back on the couch comfortably. I yawn and nod, agreeing with her. She sits up again and looks over me, then notices Chaewon in my arms. "She's out, isn't she?" The brunette says, pointing to Chaewon. I look over to see Chaewon fast asleep, her head resting on my chest, her arms around my waist.

"Yeah, so shh" I say softly. Kazuha giggles and takes her phone out, snapping a picture of the moment. "Really?" I say, giving her the look. She looks at me and grins. "Of course, gotta get them before it's too late" She says, still grinning. "What does that even mean?" I say, silently laughing. "I don't know" she says, also silently laughing.

A few minutes later, Kazuha grabs her stuff and bids me goodbye, then I untangle myself from Chaewon's embrace. I look at her, sleeping peacefully on the couch.

How can anyone disturb this princess?

I scoop her up in my arms, and I carry her to her room, laying her down on her bed and covering her with the blanket. I stay for a moment before I head to the door. I turn around, smiling and closing the door behind me.