short story //h.s au//

The boy and the girl where going on a roadtrip in his white mercedes. They had been driving for an hour when the girl started the radio. The boy quickly turned it off again. "Why did you turned it off?" the girl asked. "You see Lia, the radio always plays the same old rubbish all the time, with a whole lot of commercial. I enjoy car-rides with good conversations, but you should know that already since it's our four months anniversery." He took the girls hand and brought it up to his lips that she had started to crave daily. When her skin came in contact with his lips a sensational warmth spread throughout her petite body. She looked at him, thinking of why she was in love with this sophisticated young man. His way with words, how passionated he was about life and how big his heart was. How he can go from being very serious in a discussion to become a childish little boy in two seconds. She though about how he loved to say silly jokes that no one liked and always put everyone else's happiness first. The boy looked back at the girl and half smiled before he put his hand on her thigh. She looked down at his hand and laced her fingers with his. "You're really one of a kind Harry." "Well thank you, that's kind of the reason why we're in a relationship. You're supposed to think that." he laughed at himself, thinking that he was funny. The girl sighed and flicked his hand off. She grabbed the AUX-chord and started some good old music that she knew that he would like. He tapped his fingers against the steeringwheel and sang along to Hungry Eyes. He started low but was quickly singing his heart out. She smiled and turned the volume up a tiny bit more. He sang the lyrics fluently.

I wanna hold you so hear me out
I wanna show you what love's all about
Darlin' tonight
Now I've got you in my sights
With these hungry eyes
Now did I take you by surprise
I need you to see
This love was meant to be

He sang directly to her. One more thing she loved about about him, how he always sang to her. Even when she was falling asleep he would sing silently in her ear.
She laughed out of pure happiness. "You're an Idiot Harry." "Well, then I'm a lucky man Lia." and he was a lucky man indeed.