Volume 3 Chapter 27 - New Face

"Perfection cannot be loved; perfection can only be looked upon as perfection, can it not?" - Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky

POV: Otomura Yujiro

There were two tents set up in our camp.

But the girls took them into their own hands...

We didn't even have much of a choice.

We'll have to sleep in the open air for a week.

With biting mosquitoes and other bugs.

Just thinking about it makes me want to go back to a warm bed in the dorm.

But it's better not to tempt yourself...

Ayanokouji: "Listen, Otomura. I'll go get some firewood for the fire. Do you want to come?"

Otomura: "Of course, I still sit and do nothing."

When we were about to leave the camp, Sakura-san approached us.

Sakura: "Eh... I-Is it okay if... I go with you?"

Otomura: "We'd be happy to receive additional assistance. Of course, if Ayanokōji doesn't mind."

Ayanokouji: "I don't mind."

She smiled faintly when she heard our words.

Sakura: "Thank you. Just staying at the camp, well... I feel a little awkward."

She looked at the other girls.

Oddly enough, it is even more difficult for a girl to fit into the company of others than for a guy.

Ayanokouji: "Okay then, let's go..."

Yamauchi: "...Hey!"

Suddenly, an excited Yamauchi ran up to us.

Otomura: "What do you want?"

Yamauchi: "You were going to take the sticks, right?"

Otomura: "That's right. Do you want to help us?"

Yamauchi: "Of course, you don't abandon your friends in trouble. Right, Sakura-san?"

Sakura: "Well... Uh-huh."

She took a step back from him.

Did he really decide to hit on her?

I hope he doesn't do anything weird and actually helps.

______________________________________________

We walked a little away from the camp.

Otomura: "By the way, guys. Where did Koenji go?"

Ayanokouji: "He climbed the trees a bit and said he was going to swim in the ocean."

Otomura: "Climbing trees? That's what I expected from him... Okay, let's split up."

While I was collecting the sticks, Yamauchi came up to me and began to whisper quietly.

Yamauchi: "You know, Otomura. I'd like to keep this between us. I'm thinking... of confessing to Sakura."

Otomura: "You didn't like Kushida-san? You know, your love doesn't seem sincere at all."

Yamauchi: "That's not true. It's just... Kushida-chan isn't my level, you know? Compared to Kushida-chan, Sakura isn't as good at interacting with people, or, you know, doesn't know how to treat guys, you know? Honestly, I wondered how far I could go on this trip. She might actually fall for a gentle and caring guy. At least go as far as to kiss him, yeah. Yeah, seriously. Sakura's not a bad choice. No, Sakura's a great choice."