11

Chapter 11 I heard

◎The original book's hero's golden finger? ◎

Hearing him suddenly mention that unfilial son, Shen Yuanzheng was stunned at first, and then sighed helplessly, "What kind of marriage? Oh ~ It's a long story, let's go home and talk slowly."

"Well, okay." Guessing that the other party should have something to hide, Shen Zhichu didn't ask any more questions. He moved his eyes around and began to look carefully at the village where he would live for a long time.

Dongshantun is surrounded by mountains on all sides, and the north wind will bring a hint of coolness when it blows.

Every villager they met on the road greeted them warmly, which surprised Shen Zhichu a little. He nodded and smiled politely, and his first impression of this place was not bad.

The old Shen family was one of the few wealthy families in Dongshan Village. The green brick and tile house was particularly magnificent, forming a sharp contrast with the earthen house next to it.

When they walked into the yard, Wang Xiaoyun was busy making lunch. When she heard the noise, she quickly put down the pots and pans in her hands and came out to greet them.

The moment she saw Shen Zhichu, her sorrow disappeared and she showed a friendly smile, "Zhichu, come and show me, you seem to have grown taller."

Facing a relative whom she had not seen for many years, Shen Zhichu still nodded politely, "Hello, Auntie."

Knowing that he was not good at expressing his emotions, Wang Xiaoyun did not expect him to say more, but first rubbed her hands on her clothes, then grabbed his arm and enthusiastically pulled him into the house.

"You haven't eaten yet after sitting on the train all night? Auntie steamed some white flour steamed buns for you. Go sit on the kang and warm yourself up."

These days, it's good to have a meal of white flour all year round. The Shen family is lucky to have the help from Beijing so that they can eat white flour and rice every now and then. That's why Wang Xiaoyun was so grateful to Shen Zhichu.

Shen Zhichu was born and raised in Beijing. He went to the countryside only a few times, and they were all when he was a child. So he didn't know what a white flour steamed bun meant in the countryside. He just thought that the living standard here was almost the same as that in Beijing, so he didn't show any surprise.

In order to welcome their nephew, the Shen family made white flour steamed buns and stewed cabbage.

At the dinner table, Shen Yuanzheng took out the bulk liquor he had bought before, one cup for each person, just right.

Shen Zhichu looked at the dishes on the table, looked around, and finally asked the question in his heart: "Where is Tianbai? Why is he not at home?"

When Shen Tianbai was mentioned, Wang Xiaoyun's eyes immediately turned red. She brought him a steamed bun while complaining: "Tianbai offended the woman because of the broken engagement. Now he is in the Revolutionary Committee and will not be back until tomorrow."

Seeing her here reversing right and wrong, Shen Yuanzheng glared at her fiercely, and his voice also rose eight degrees: "If you hadn't been looking for trouble, would Taohua have reported your son? This is all your fault!"

Shen Zhichu only knew a little about the marriage between the Shen family and the Zhao family.

At that time, Grandpa Shen originally planned to arrange this marriage for Shen Zhichu, but when Shen Zhichu was five years old, he had a serious illness and almost died. Later, he was recovering from the illness for a long time. Because of this, Grandpa arranged this marriage for his grandson Shen Tianbai.