22

Chapter 22 Sugar Water

◎【1st Update】◎

At this time, there was a knock on the door outside the yard. She immediately stood up and planned to go out to open the door and take the opportunity to leave this place of trouble, but Sun Lanxi left the house faster than her.

Outside the door, Zhao Taohua took the lunch box from Zhao Zhengnan and knocked on the door of Sun's house. She had already decided that no matter who opened the door, she would leave after giving the food and would never stay to mix.

"Who is it?"

With a soft question, the wooden door was opened.

Zhao Taohua looked at the woman in front of her and recognized that it was Sun Lanxi at a glance.

In Dongshan Village, Sun Lanxi is considered one of the most beautiful girls. Although she is not the kind of plump appearance that the older generation likes, she has the gentleness that only Jiangnan women have.

If the other party did not already have a marriage proposal, she really wanted to be a matchmaker and make him her sister-in-law.

"Hello, is Sister Lanxia here?"

Sun Lanxi was stunned at first when she saw the two people outside the door, and then her slightly swollen eye circles became redder, "Wait a moment, I'll go call her."

After saying that, she didn't care whether the two people outside heard it clearly, and walked into the house quickly. At first glance, she looked a little strange.

"Brother, it seems that we came at the wrong time." Zhao Taohua looked at the disappearing back and frowned slightly, wondering what happened to the Sun family?

Zhao Zhengnan also saw Sun Lanxi's red eyes from crying. Thinking of the last time they met, he pursed his lips tightly, and a trace of worry flashed in his eyes.

Sun Lanxia didn't expect that the Zhao brothers and sisters would come here to bring food to her little kid so late. She hurriedly came out to greet them with a smile on her face. With Zhao Taohua here, she and Zhao Zhengnan didn't have to worry so much, so they had to invite them into the house to sit for a while.

Zhao Taohua originally wanted to leave after delivering the things, but she couldn't stand the other party's enthusiasm, so she could only enter the Sun family's gate half-heartedly.

The Sun family has two daughters. The eldest is Sun Lanxia, ​​who is widowed and has returned to live with her parents, and the second is Sun Lanxi. Since the family has no labor force capable of manual labor, their family is considered a poor household in the village.

But their mother Huang Qiuyue is not worried at all. Both girls are good-looking and will definitely marry into a good family in the future. Even if the eldest daughter becomes a widow, she will still be scrambling for someone to take her. If the time comes, she will help her parents' family and they will have everything.

Seeing guests coming to the house, Huang Qiuyue could only stop the previous topic and come out to entertain them. There was a smile on her face, and there was no trace of the anger just now.

Zhao Zhengnan glanced around subconsciously, but did not see the weak figure just now.

Old Man Sun sat in a corner, rolling a dry cigarette repeatedly without saying a word. Huang Qiuyue saw this and drove him into the room, then turned around and greeted them.

"Hey, why did you bring delicious food to Xiaodunzi again? This child always mentions Uncle Zhao's kindness, and I, as a grandmother, am jealous when I hear it."