72

Chapter 72 Sick

◎【1st update】◎

A long time ago, she had already liked this man. In order to see him, she secretly watched his performances, and she would feel nervous whenever she heard his name when chatting with her sister-in-law.

She thought that this secret love would last forever, and he would never know that she liked him, but she didn't expect that one day Zhao Zhengbei would take the initiative to confess to her and say that he liked her.

In this way, they came together, but no one knew how worried she was.

She had always been afraid to tell her family, for fear that she would not get support but opposition like now.

"I was afraid that the two families would disagree with us, so I had to hide it. Brother Zhengbei listened to my words and didn't say anything." Shen Xiaomai looked at his father firmly, like a heifer protecting its calf.

Shen Yuanhang knew his daughter's bad temper very well, and when he saw her like this, he understood that no matter how many people opposed this marriage, it would be impossible to break them up, unless Zhao Zhengbei took the initiative to break up.

"Zhengbei, come with me to the study." After saying that, he stood up and walked straight to the second floor. Upon seeing this, Zhao Zhengbei gave Shen Xiaomai a comforting look and followed closely behind.

Of the four people left in the living room, only Zhao Taohua looked relaxed. Seeing that Shen Xiaomi was about to cry, she comforted him: "Although my fourth brother is not good at talking, he is sincere and steady. Don't worry, Dad won't make things difficult for him."

Given the relationship between the Zhao and Shen families, Shen Yuanhang would not go too far even if he disagreed with the marriage. After all, the two families will continue to interact in the future, and they should keep some face for each other.

At this time, at the Zhao family.

Zhou Minglan and the others also heard about Zhao Zhengbei and Shen Xiaomi.

She sat in the yard with a sad face and sighed all the time. Qian Baoru was originally walking in the yard, but she was affected by her sighs and couldn't walk anymore.

So he stopped and stood in front of her, pinching her waist and asked: "I say, are you done? You were worried when Zhengbei didn't have a partner, and now you are still worried now that he has a partner. What are you worrying about?"

"Mom, how can I not be worried if he is looking for Xiaomai?" Zhou Minglan felt so upset that he clapped his hands several times but couldn't feel relieved.

The old lady sat on the stone bench nearby and couldn't understand, "What's wrong with Xiaomai? I think that girl is pretty good."

Zhou Minglan also thought it was good, but the age difference between them was so big that she felt guilty. She didn't know how Zhao Zhengbei could do that to the little girl.

Qian Baoru was not as surprised as she was. "A man who is eight or nine years older than a woman knows how to care for others. I think they are a good match."

"But what are the conditions of the Shen family? What are the conditions of our family? How can they be a good match?"

"Our family is not bad now? Besides, the old Shen family was also very poor forty years ago. Why are you afraid of them?" Qian Baoru watched the two brothers of the Shen family grow up, so she didn't understand why her daughter-in-law, who was usually so fierce, became so frightened now.

"Children and grandchildren have their own blessings. Even if you worry about it, it won't have any effect. Why worry about it?"

"..." Zhou Minglan pursed his lips and tasted it carefully, and felt that it seemed to make sense.