Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Jiajiang Garden is a renowned luxury villa area in Haishi and even nationwide. To live in Jiajiang Garden means one is either very rich or very noble.

Jiajiang Garden is a purely independent villa project developed by the previous generation of the Lu family. It is built around the river, offering a stunning view of Haishi.

Among the few villas in Jiajiang Garden, the most prime location is undoubtedly the Lu family's own villa.

At this moment, however, the Lu family is not in the mood to enjoy the beautiful scenery outside.

In the Lu family's living room, it is silent, and the atmosphere is as cold as ice.

Today is Saturday. Normally, Lu Qi would stay in bed until noon on weekends, but Lu Father suddenly called him, inexplicably saying he wanted to hold a family meeting. That's why Lu Qi struggled to get out of bed.

After hanging up the call from Lu Father, Lu Qi ruffled his disheveled hair.

A family meeting? He doesn't even remember the last time the whole family gathered for a meal.

Soon after Lu Qi went downstairs, Lu Father and Ms. Li, the two busy individuals, arrived home one after the other.

Lu Qi, sitting in the center of the living room on the sofa with his legs crossed, looked at Lu Father and Ms. Li sitting silently on either side of the sofa. He sarcastically remarked, "So, after more than a month, are you two planning to put on a silent play now that you're back?"

Although Lu Qi spoke casually, his mind was heavily burdened.

Damn! Old Lu suddenly called Ms. Li back home. Could it be that he's planning to divorce Ms. Li?

The more Lu Qi thought about it, the heavier his mood became.

Even though they are a blended family and he is not Ms. Li's biological child—his own mother died shortly after giving birth—over the years, he had come to regard Ms. Li as his own mother. If compared, his relationship with Ms. Li might even be better than with Old Lu.

Lu Qi comforted himself silently, trying not to overthink it.

Although Ms. Li had always held a grudge against Old Lu for something that happened years ago and had been cold towards him, Lu Qi observed that Old Lu was infatuated and devoted to Ms. Li. So, a divorce seemed unlikely.

Lu Qi took a surreptitious glance at Lu Father, who was sitting to his left with a serious expression, frowning and seemingly lost in thought.

As he was about to look away, he unexpectedly made eye contact with Lu Father, who had just raised his head.

Seeing Lu Qi sitting with his legs crossed in a casual manner, Lu Father said coldly, "Sit properly and put your feet down."

Lu Qi hated Lu Father's authoritative tone.

Every time Lu Father was either away for a month or two or came back to discipline him as if he were a subordinate. Lu Qi sometimes didn't know whether he wanted Lu Father to come home or not.

Just as Lu Qi was about to angrily retort, Ms. Li gently spoke, "Xiao Qi, put your legs down. Crossing your legs can affect your spine and be bad for your health."

Lu Qi, who always responded better to gentleness than authority, obeyed without a word and placed his feet flat on the ground.

After Lu Qi put his feet down, Ms. Li looked at Lu Father, her voice now lacking its previous warmth as she directly asked, "What did you call me back for? I'm heading to Milan in two hours. If you haven't figured out what you want to say, we can discuss it when I return from Milan."