Chapter 13

"Cool, this transfer student looks pretty interesting."

"Shancheng No. 1 High School? What kind of trash school is that? I've never even heard of it."

"Hahaha, has anyone here heard of Shancheng, that tiny, backwater city?"

"So, the transfer student is an illegitimate child from a poor, rural area?"

Hearing his deskmate misidentify Lu Yao as an illegitimate child, Li Guigu glanced at Chu Jiaojiao, who was sitting in front of him.

Chu Jiaojiao's amiable attitude towards him was solely because of his familial connection to Lu Qi. Thinking about how Lu Yao easily attracted everyone's attention during the National Day, Li Guigu spoke with a tone of disdain, "Yeah, so annoying. One illegitimate daughter wasn't enough, now we have an illegitimate son too."

Chu Jiaojiao, sitting in the front row, clearly heard Li Guigu's words. She looked up at Lu Yao on the podium. The thought that he might be another illegitimate child like Xia Yue filled her with immediate disdain.

Xia Yue and Chu Jiaojiao were half-sisters, sharing the same father but different mothers. Chu Jiaojiao's mother had been embroiled in a divorce battle with Chu Jiaojiao's father over the presence of Xia Yue, the illegitimate daughter.

Before Xia Yue appeared, Chu Jiaojiao believed her parents were happily married. Then her father suddenly brought Xia Yue home, claiming she should be acknowledged by the family. He even transferred Xia Yue from her public school to Huiying High School, placing her in the same class as Chu Jiaojiao, asking her to "take care of her sister."

This disgusted Chu Jiaojiao.

Since Xia Yue's transfer, Chu Jiaojiao had been in constant conflict with her. Their strained relationship was well-known throughout the school. While Xia Yue was ostracized by many girls, her beauty and charming personality won her the affection of many boys.

The class teacher asked, "Does anyone have any questions for Lu Yao?"

Chu Jiaojiao lazily raised her hand, propping her chin up with a haughty look, and disdainfully asked, "Transfer student, where is Shancheng? It seems like no one here has heard of it. Could you introduce it to everyone?"

Lu Yao immediately recognized the girl as Chu Jiaojiao, the cannon fodder sister of the Mary Sue protagonist, Xia Yue. In the original story, this supporting character constantly targeted Xia Yue, only to end up harming herself. Her ultimate fate was not much better than his.

Hearing Chu Jiaojiao's mocking reference to Lu Yao as a country bumpkin, the class eagerly watched the potential confrontation unfold.

Would the new transfer student clash with Chu Jiaojiao on his first day? This promised to be entertaining!

Xia Yue, knowing Lu Yao's true identity, was pleased to see Chu Jiaojiao targeting him. She feared that if Lu Yao's identity were revealed, she wouldn't be able to quickly win his favor. Watching Chu Jiaojiao create trouble for Lu Yao suited her purposes perfectly. Showing up at the right moment would make her conquest of Lu Yao easier, allowing her to steal his luck.

Lu Yao had no intention of engaging with Chu Jiaojiao's provocation.

Seeing Chu Jiaojiao targeting the new student, the class teacher was about to intervene when an unexpected voice broke the silence.

"Longitude 130° to 131°10′ East, Latitude 52° to 52°38′ North."

The class turned in surprise to Jiang Bai, who had suddenly spoken.

Chu Jiaojiao asked, "What?"

Confused, she didn't understand Jiang Bai's interruption.

"The coordinates of Shancheng."