Chapter 35

Chapter 35

When Jiang Bai appeared in the classroom with crutches, the students showed some surprise.

The person most concerned about Jiang Bai's injured ankle was probably the sports committee member.

Looking at Jiang Bai's plastered right foot, the sports committee member, with a worried expression, asked Jiang Bai sitting at his seat, "Jiang Bai, do you think you'll be able to make it to next Thursday's school sports meet?"

Jiang Bai was the men's 200-meter champion in the school sports meet during his first year. The sports committee member had worked hard to persuade him to continue participating in this event this year. Who would have thought that, just after one night, Jiang Bai would give him such a "surprise"?

Even crutches would need to be used for a few more days; a 200-meter run, with its intense movements, was out of the question.

Jiang Bai, with a apologetic tone, said, "Sorry. I've caused you trouble."

Considering the school's requirement for each class to have participants in every event, the sports committee member scratched his head in frustration.

Most of the students in the class who could run or jump already had their events assigned, and he couldn't figure out who could substitute for Jiang Bai in this event.

"How about I take Jiang Bai's place?"

The sports committee member looked at Lu Yao in surprise. "Didn't you say before that you weren't participating in the sports meet?"

Having noticed Lu Yao's good physical condition, the sports committee member had previously tried hard to persuade Lu Yao to sign up for the sports meet, but Lu Yao had refused without hesitation.

Lu Yao: "I've changed my mind now."

Seeing that Lu Yao was willing to take Jiang Bai's place in the 200 meters, the sports committee member, fearing that he might change his mind again, quickly agreed.

"Then it's settled. I'll register your name right now."

With that, the sports committee member hurried back to his seat.

Jiang Bai, smiling, playfully asked, "Why the sudden change of mind? Didn't you say you couldn't run before?"

When the sports committee member heard Lu Yao say he couldn't run, he was momentarily at a loss for words.

Over the past period of sitting together, Lu Yao and Jiang Bai's relationship had unknowingly become closer.

Hearing Jiang Bai's teasing, Lu Yao slightly raised his gaze and, with a low and amused voice, replied, "There's no way to repay the favor of saving me other than offering myself in return."

Jiang Bai was momentarily stunned, and his face turned bright red.

Such a remark was really too much!

Seeing that Jiang Bai didn't seem to react to his joke, Lu Yao chuckled and explained, "Since you twisted your ankle to save me, it's only right that I take your place in the sports meet."

Jiang Bai: "..."

Actually, the latter explanation wasn't necessary.

On Saturday, Lu Qi's birthday, Uncle Lu Shen Yuan took some time off from the club to return to the Lu family and have dinner with everyone.

At the dinner table, Lu Qi kept boasting and showing off the gift Lu Yao had given him to Lu Shen Yuan and Lu's parents.

Seeing Lu Qi's smug demeanor, Lu Shen Yuan, unable to tolerate it, turned to Lu Yao and said, "Nephew, for my birthday, I want a gift made by you too."