Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Seeing the principal approach, the students made way.

The principal wanted to quickly resolve the situation to avoid embarrassing the school in front of Mr. Qin. He immediately began shooing them away, "Class is about to start. Why are you all here? Go back to your classes."

Wang Shining, however, was unwilling to let the matter drop. He agreed with Xia Yue's earlier remarks and felt it made sense. How could he lose to someone like Lu Yao unless Lu Yao used some underhanded means?

Considering the wealth and influence of Lu Yao's family, it wasn't impossible for him to have access to the exam questions beforehand.

Feeling wronged and indignant, he explained the situation to the principal, hoping for a thorough investigation.

The principal's face darkened upon hearing this. With an outsider present, this was embarrassing. He planned to address it later, after Mr. Qin left, so he said, "I understand. Go back to your classes for now."

Wang Shining, however, believed the principal intended to downplay the issue. Frustrated and about to demand a proper investigation, Mr. Qin, who had been silent, suddenly spoke up.

"This student, from what you said just now, I didn't hear any crucial evidence. The accusation of Lu Yao cheating seems to be just your conjecture. Based on my understanding of Lu Yao, I don't think he would go through the trouble of stealing exam questions, which would be a thankless task."

After saying this, he smiled and greeted the indifferent Lu Yao.

"Lu Yao, long time no see."

Lu Yao nodded and responded simply to his greeting.

Seeing the familiarity between the two, the principal couldn't help but show some confusion in his eyes. How did Lu Yao know Mr. Qin from the Monroe Club?

The Monroe Club is a world-renowned high IQ society, and Mr. Qin is the head of its operations in China.

The principal directly voiced his doubts to Mr. Qin, "Mr. Qin, did you already know Lu Yao?"

Mr. Qin smiled and was about to reply when Wang Shining interrupted angrily, "Mr. Qin, since you know Lu Yao, of course you would defend him. You say I have no evidence, but do you have any evidence to back up your words?"

Mr. Qin smiled slightly, "I believe that the champion of the Monroe competition wouldn't have any trouble handling a monthly exam. But that's just my opinion based on past experience. Since there's controversy, it's up to the principal to thoroughly investigate this matter."

The principal was shocked, his voice raising a few decibels, "The champion of the Monroe competition?!"

Mr. Qin nodded, "Yes. Didn't Lu Yao mention it when he transferred here?"

Hearing that Lu Yao was the Monroe competition champion, the surrounding students were also stunned.

The Monroe competition was an online quiz contest launched last year by the Monroe Club in collaboration with the Ministry of Education. The questions spanned ancient and modern, domestic and international topics, covering both arts and sciences, with very short response times. Many people missed answering in time just trying to understand the questions.

Because it was the first time the Monroe Club organized such a competition, they only invited students from well-known high schools in each province, including Huaiying High School. If students from regular schools wanted to sign up, the competition organizers welcomed them as well.

The championship prize was a substantial 200,000 yuan, which attracted a lot of attention from students and even netizens, who were keen to see who would ultimately win the prize.