one step ahead

I found the motivation to work on this story again.

TW: mentions of suicide

Chuuya's POV:

I lay in bed, unable to move. My mind was clouded with thoughts, and sleep had evaded me for the past few days. Akutagawa's words from that night echoed in my mind, leaving a heavy weight in my chest. "Maybe it has already passed," I thought as I struggled to shake off the lingering sense of despair. Slowly, I sat up and walked to the mirror, examining my appearance. Dark circles framed my eyes, and my reflection looked like a shadow of my former self. After a moment of hesitation, I forced myself to get dressed and decided to go for a walk to clear my mind.

As I stepped outside, the moonlight bathed the surroundings in an ethereal glow, and the occasional shooting stars streaked across the night sky, adding to the enchanting atmosphere.

Author's Note: I began writing this story a long time ago, but it fell into hiatus due to writer's block. Today, something sparked within me, and I finally found the motivation to continue. I hope this journey resonates with you and brings you enjoyment!

Lost in my thoughts, I strolled for 30 minutes, letting the cool night air wash over me, and eventually found myself at a quaint café. I ordered a comforting drink and settled into a cosy corner, seeking the solace of the peaceful ambience.

~time skip~

After some time, I left the café and wandered along the riverbank. The gentle, rhythmic flow of the water drew me in, and I found myself seated on a weathered bench, completely absorbed in the tranquil scene. The soft lullaby of the river's melody provided a sense of comfort, and I closed my eyes, allowing myself to be enveloped by the soothing sounds and the tranquillity of the night.

I sat there for hours; I was in another world...where no one could bother me..where everything was perfect. Well, at least I thought it was. I mean, everything I wanted was there... except the one thing that I truly needed...wasn't here.

I mean, I'm glad he isn't here; he was annoying and stupid...but I...WAIT NO! I can't think of this. I don't think this...I can't think of this.

I hate him with every fibre in my body...or at least I think so.

UGH, WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO END WITH MAKING A DECISION?

I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT.

I open my eyes as the rise of Dawn's shine hits my eyes. I groan as I get up from the bench and stretch. I've been there since yesterday, and something feels off. The weight of the world seems to be resting on my shoulders, and I'm not sure how to shake it off. I just needed to do what I needed to be done.

~time skip~

I climbed the ladder up to the roof, looking down at the ground, which was far it was very foggy. I turned around and leaned backwards.

I woke up in my bed, someone sitting on a chair next to it..it was dazai?
Chuuya: "d-dazai?"
Dazai: "Chuuya, I need to tell you something.."
Chuuya: "Anything, dazai."
Dazai: "I'm just a part of your imagination...I died....move on."
Chuuya: "But I love you."
Dazai: "You forgot how close love is to hatred...I never loved you..and I never will nor have, goodbye."
Chuuya: "..."

I woke up, lights in my face doctor's near me...where was I?
Doctor: "Oh good, you're awake."
Chuuya: "Where..where am I?"
Doctor: "You're in the hospital."

Oh.
I guess Forever isn't...actually forever

THE END

End: August the 5th of 2024