Chapter 62

Chapter 62

The sky gradually brightened, and the night passed quickly.

The next morning, when Jiang Bai opened his room door, he saw that Lu Yao's door was also open. But what he saw was Neil, with his messy curls from sleep, coming out of Lu Yao's room.

Neil, wrapped in his blanket and wearing slippers, rubbed his eyes and walked slowly out of Lu Yao's room.

Jiang Bai looked at this scene in confusion. Didn't Neil have his own room? Why did he come out of Lu Yao's room?

Neil noticed Jiang Bai's puzzled look and blinked his eyes back at him.

Just then, Lu Yao came out and saw the two of them staring at each other.

He smiled slightly and greeted Jiang Bai, "Good morning."

Noticing the change in Lu Yao's demeanor since their time at school, Jiang Bai felt a lot more relaxed.

Jiang Bai had hesitated to address the issue with Lu Yao because he felt uncertain, but Lu Yao's behavior on the show over the past days had made Jiang Bai feel more at ease.

Jiang Bai smiled back and responded, "Good morning. Did you all sleep well last night?"

Lu Yao nodded, but Neil didn't respond to Jiang Bai. Instead, he bobbed his little head as if he might fall asleep again at any moment.

Lu Yao looked down at Neil and gently patted his head, saying, "Neil, you should greet Jiang Bai. Did you say good morning to him?"

Neil struggled to open his eyes and, in a small, sleepy voice, said, "Good morning, Jiang Bai gege."

Jiang Bai smiled and looked at Lu Yao, asking, "Doesn't Neil have his own room? Why did he come to yours?"

Lu Yao replied, "He said he couldn't fall asleep alone last night, so he came to find me."

Jiang Bai nodded without saying anything more, but glanced at Neil with a hint of curiosity. He thought to himself that Neil seemed to be quite fond of Lu Yao. Even though they had only known each other for less than a day, Lu Yao was already willing to let this little kid sleep with him.

Jiang Bai couldn't deny that he felt a tiny bit of jealousy towards this little one. When he first met Lu Yao in Mountain City, Lu Yao had never been as gentle with him as he was with this little curly-haired kid.

Jiang Bai knew it was childish to be envious of a little kid, so he kept his feelings to himself and showed no sign of it in front of Lu Yao.

Since there were filming tasks today, everyone woke up one after another according to the schedule set by the production team.

The production team had prepared a buffet breakfast in the villa's dining room.

Neil followed Lu Yao and Jiang Bai into the dining room.

Jiang Bai and Lu Yao were picking out their breakfast from the buffet.

Suddenly, a staff member pushed a small cart over and stopped beside them. The cart was stocked with strawberry milk, coffee, fruit tea, and mineral water.

The staff instructed them to pick a drink, and remembering Lu Yao's rare preference for sweet flavors, Jiang Bai picked a cup of strawberry milk and naturally handed it to him, saying, "Do you want this?"

Lu Yao accepted the cup and thanked him.

Jiang Bai also took another cup of strawberry milk for himself and placed it on his plate.

Because Neil was too small to get his own food, he asked Lu Yao for what he wanted, so his food was also placed on Lu Yao's plate.

Seeing that Lu Yao and Jiang Bai had both picked strawberry milk and noticing that only one cup of strawberry milk was left on the cart, Neil quickly said, "Big Brother Lu Yao, I want strawberry milk too."