Chapter 71

Chapter 71

After the curtains were pulled open, sunlight instantly filled the room.

Lu Yao slightly furrowed his brow, observing the distribution of light and shadow in the room.

Due to the castle's construction, the sunlight created a distinct division in the room, with one side bathed in sunlight and the other shrouded in shadow.

Lu Yao walked from the desk, slowly approaching the dividing line of light and shadow in the center of the room.

He examined the dividing line, walking straight from the curtains until he reached the wall adorned with patterned wallpaper, stopping to carefully scrutinize the wall's design.

Chen Mantou, puzzled, wondered what Lu Yao was doing. It was just a wall—what was there to look at so intently?

He asked, "Lu Yao, is there a clue over there?"

Lu Yao raised his eyebrows slightly and suddenly pushed forcefully against the wall in front of him.

The wall, which was integrated into the surroundings, revealed itself as a hidden double door, slowly opening to reveal a study room. The study had wooden bookshelves neatly arranged with various books.

Tang Ruanruan, who had been following Lu Yao, looked on with wide eyes filled with disbelief.

When Chen Mantou saw the hidden door in the wall, his eyes widened in shock, and he blurted out, "Damn..."

As soon as Chen Mantou said the slightly inappropriate word, Lu Yao immediately bent down and gently covered Tang Ruanruan's small ears with his hand.

Feeling the warmth of Lu Yao's hand on her ears, Tang Ruanruan's eyes widened slightly in surprise. She blinked her dark eyes and looked up at the cool and composed Lu Yao in confusion.

When Chen Mantou stopped speaking, Lu Yao straightened up and withdrew his hand from Ruanruan's ears.

He glanced at Chen Mantou and said with a hint of displeasure in his calm voice, "There are kids here. Let's use more appropriate language."

Chen Mantou realized that his exclamation wasn't suitable for children. He patted Ruanruan's head apologetically and said with a smile, "Ruanruan, I'm sorry, I accidentally said something inappropriate. You're a good girl, right? It's not good to use bad words like that. Don't learn from what I just said, okay?"

Ruanruan nodded, her voice soft and innocent, "Okay."

Chen Mantou then looked again at the "hidden door" that had been revealed. He turned to Lu Yao with admiration, "Lu Yao, how did you spot this? It's amazing you found this."

Lu Yao, recalling his previous experience in Jiang Bai's studio, replied with a faint smile, "It's nothing special, just that I've seen something similar before."

Hearing Lu Yao's response, Chen Mantou entered the study and replied, "Even so, you're still impressive. The production team is quite crafty to set up a fake door to mislead us into looking for a key. Luckily, you didn't fall for it like I might have; otherwise, we might still be foolishly searching for a key outside."

Meanwhile, the fat director was in the monitoring room, looking exasperated. He complained to a staff member, "How does he manage to figure these things out so quickly?! I had two more clues prepared, and if they come out this fast, all my effort will be for nothing!"

The production team added this footage to the final edit, featuring a cartoon dog head mosaic sticker over the director's face, with the text "Daily Breakdown Director."