Chapter 81

Chapter 81

Upon learning that Lu Yao had awakened, Mr. Lu and the others hurried to the hospital.

Seeing that although Lu Yao's face was still somewhat pale, he was conscious, everyone's expressions relaxed a bit.

After noticing Jiang Bai's exhausted state, Lu Yao, upon the arrival of Mr. Lu and Mrs. Li, sent him home to rest.

Although Mr. Lu and Mrs. Li wanted to hide the situation outside from Lu Yao, Lu Yao had already learned everything from the all-knowing blue orb system.

When Lu Yao asked about the rumors outside, Mr. Lu and Mrs. Li thought he had seen the news on his phone and therefore explained everything that had happened in the past few days.

The explanation for the two photos matched exactly with what Bai Na had told Mr. Lu earlier.

Mrs. Li was about to tell Lu Yao to focus on getting better while they handled the issues, but suddenly there was a knock on the door of the ward.

Lu Qi, who was standing aside, went to open the door and saw two police officers, along with the child Lu Yao had saved and his father. The child's father was holding a banner with the words "For Acts of Heroism and Noble Character."

Along with the good news of Lu Yao waking up, the police had finally apprehended the hit-and-run truck driver. They had identified the driver through the goods transported in the truck. After learning about the driver's arrest, the child's father came over with the banner to thank Lu Yao.

Seeing that Lu Yao had finally woken up, the child's father was finally relieved. Although he knew that the driver was the one who should be blamed, Lu Yao had caused the accident while saving his child.

He had visited Lu Yao several times over the past few days. While he did not recognize Mr. Lu and Mrs. Li, he could tell that Lu Yao's family probably had a good background. Initially worried about whether Mr. Lu and Mrs. Li might take out their frustrations on his family, he understood over time that they were not unreasonable people. This made him feel quite touched.

After repeatedly thanking Lu Yao with his child, the child's father left the ward and planned to go home. As he passed the nurse's station, he overheard the nurses talking about Lu Yao.

The short-haired nurse was sorting documents and said to the long-haired nurse, "Now, there are rumors online that Lu Yao's medical record is falsified, and no one believes that he is actually unconscious from the car accident."

The long-haired nurse responded, "I heard from the emergency department that he had the accident while saving a child. He doesn't seem as bad as people online are saying."

Just as the short-haired nurse was about to speak, the child's father suddenly interrupted their conversation.

"Hello, I'd like to ask, is the Lu Yao you're talking about the patient in room 608?"

The short-haired nurse looked at him curiously, "Who are you? Why do you want to know?"

The child's father pointed to the little boy clinging to his leg, "I'm the father of the child Lu Yao saved. I heard someone say his medical record is falsified, so I'm a bit confused and wanted to ask."

The long-haired nurse looked at him in surprise, "You didn't know about the high level of discussion about this online?"

The child's father smiled awkwardly, "I'm usually quite busy and don't really use my phone much. I just make calls and chat a bit."

The short-haired nurse nodded, "No wonder." She also knew that some people were indeed quite disconnected from the online world.

The two nurses briefly explained the recent online controversies about Lu Yao to the child's father.