Chapter 1

Chapter 1 Kade

Walking down the cobblestone path with Dax by my side, I took in the vibrant atmosphere of Riverton University. The cool morning air was filled with a mixture of excitement and anticipation as students made their way to the opening ceremony of the new academic year. The sun shined on the shiny campus in a warm glow, creating long shadows.

Around us, groups of friends chatted about their new university life, their laughter and banter echoing off the building walls. Some students holded together with their lovers something I wanted, wrapped in a bubble of intimacy that seemed both enviable and unfair to me. Others walked alone, in their own thoughts or the music streaming through their earbuds. Each group was a piece of a larger puzzle, a network of connections that I had to conquer and control.

Dax, my friend, walked beside me with shoulder relaxed knowing he is going to have fun with all the girls in the dorms lust really is a shame for man. His casual smile masked his true intentions that lay beneath, much like my own. He poked me with his elbow, drawing my attention away from the students.

"Excited for a new year, Kade?" he asked, a small grin playing on his lips. His eyes, as sharp as ever, scanned the crowd, assessing potential girls he could take again lust such a shame.

"Excited? " I replied, returning his grin with one of my own. "Though, I find the word 'opportunistic' might be more fitting. This place is a goldmine of potential-people to influence, secrets to uncover." And to find a lover.

Dax chuckled, clearly amused. "You always see things differently, don't you? But you are right. Riverton is like a chessboard, and we are just getting started. "We both have different meanings of chessboard his is his desire of getting different woman to sleep with him controlling them for his own amusement mine is different.

As we continued our walk, I could not help but notice the diversity of the students. It was a vast group of personalities and backgrounds, everyone with their own story to tell-or to hide. Observing them was like reading an open book, and I pride myself on my ability to find their hidden secrets.

Near the entrance to the main hall, a group of first-year students were gathered, their wide eyes filled with a mixture of fear, something I love, and anxiety. They were easy to spot-holding their maps of the campus like lifelines, as if the size of Riverton might swallow them whole.

As we approached the grand entrance, the architecture of the main hall appeared before us. The building was a pride to Riverton's prestigious history, with towering columns and intricate stone carvings that seemed to watch over the students below. The heavy wooden doors were open wide.

Dax and I paused for a moment, taking in the sight of the storm of students streaming inside. Their voices merged into a pile of excitement and nervous chatting, an intro to the day's ceremony. It was an interesting sight-the eager, hopeful faces ready to embrace a new chapter of their lives. To them, this was the beginning of something monumental. Little did they know

I, however, viewed it differently. To me, it was a stage set for the unfolding drama of power dynamics, social hierarchies, and human intrigue. Every interaction, every conversation was a potential move in the game I played with such ease.

"Shall we?" Dax prompted, gesturing towards the entrance with a face flourish.

"After you," I said, allowing him to lead the way, though we both knew I was the one who always went in last.

As we walked through the doors, the gigantic main hall enveloped us. The sealed ceiling soared above, adorned with intricate designs that told the tales of Riverton's illustrious past. Dark past. Rows of wooden benches filled the space, already occupied by eager students ready for the opening ceremony.