𝟑𝟏| 𝖋𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖞 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖔𝖘

WHILE MOST OF THEM were still asleep, Sawyer and Abel had sneaked into the large kitchen to make themselves breakfast

WHILE MOST OF THEM were still asleep, Sawyer and Abel had sneaked into the large kitchen to make themselves breakfast. They had failed right from the start when the milk carton slipped out of Abel's hands and burst on the floor.

"Sawyer! Kitchen towels", the five-year-old whisper-yelled.

Sawyer, who was standing at the other end of the room and was just about to get the cornflakes out of the cupboard, gasped in horror before he pulled up a chair and climbed on it to get to the kitchen towels that were on the work surface of the kitchen counter.

"Quick, before the others wake up", Abel almost pleaded.

Pressing the tip of his tongue against his upper lip, he threw the roll at Abel so that he could wipe up the white liquid before it could seep into the wooden floorboards. "I'll wash the bowls and you clean the floor!"

Since Sawyer was too small to reach the other bowls that were in a cupboard further up, he decided to wash the dishes from last night that were still in the sink. In his opinion, that couldn't be super hard.

Humming to himself, he ran water into the sink and held the bottle of dish soap upside down until he thought he had enough foamᅳ which ended up being way too much; but it was the right amount in Sawyer's eyes.

"Hey! We need to ask our dads to go to the falls with us", Abel suggested as he wiped the floor with way too many towels. "They're so cool! Maybe we can jump off the cliff into the water."

"Woah, that would be awesome!" Full of excitement, Sawyer jumped up and down on the wobbly chair while he washed the two bowls. "Just a day out with our dads! Our moms definitely wouldn't allow us to jump off a cliff."

The boys shared a sheepish giggle at Sawyer's last comment before Abel stuffed the dripping towels into the trash can. Grabbing a chair, he climbed up next to Sawyer to help his friend.

"We have to rinse the bowls, my mom always does that", Abel explained as he eagerly turned the faucet on. "Just hold it under the water."

"My mom always does that too!" That's exactly why Sawyer thought they were doing a really good job hereᅳ until he tried to turn the faucet off again after putting the clean bowl aside. "The faucet won't shut!"