𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘢𝘨𝘰...(𝘢𝘨𝘦 15)—————————

𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘢𝘨𝘰...
(𝘢𝘨𝘦 15)
—————————

The summer night was warm, the air heavy with the scent of blooming jasmine from the garden outside. Angel was spending the night at Camilla's, just like she had done countless times before. The two girls had a tradition of late-night sleepovers filled with whispered secrets, laughter, and endless conversations about boys, dreams, and everything in between.

They were sprawled out on Camilla's king-sized bed, the white sheets cool against their skin as they lay side by side, staring up at the ceiling.

"So," Camilla said, turning her head to look at Angel with a mischievous grin, "are you ever going to tell me who you're crushing on? I know there's someone."

Angel smiled, biting her lip as she felt her cheeks flush. "Maybe. But it's complicated."

"Complicated?" Camilla raised an eyebrow, propping herself up on one elbow. "What, is he married or something?" she teased, nudging Angel's shoulder.

"No, nothing like that," Angel laughed softly, shaking her head. "It's just... I don't know if I should feel this way. He's not exactly the type I usually go for."

Camilla's eyes sparkled with curiosity. "Now you have to tell me! Who is it?"

Angel hesitated, her mind flashing to Niccolò. They had known each other for years, moving in the same social circles, attending the same parties. There had always been a spark between them, something unspoken that neither of them dared to acknowledge—until now. But Angel wasn't ready to admit it, not even to herself.

"It's no one important," Angel finally said, deflecting the question. "Just a silly crush, you know?"

Camilla rolled her eyes, clearly not satisfied with the vague answer. "Fine, keep your secrets. But one of these days, I'm going to find out. And when I do, you better not have held out on me!"

Angel laughed again, the sound light but tinged with something more. "I promise, if anything happens, you'll be the first to know."

"Good," Camilla said, lying back down. "But seriously, Angel, you deserve someone amazing. Don't settle for anything less, okay?"

Angel nodded, a thoughtful expression crossing her face. "I know. Thanks, Camilla."

With that, the conversation lulled, the two girls falling into a comfortable silence as they slowly drifted toward sleep. But while Camilla's breathing soon evened out, signaling that she had succumbed to slumber, Angel found herself wide awake, her mind racing with thoughts of Niccolò.

Unable to shake the restless energy coursing through her, Angel quietly slipped out of bed. She moved carefully, not wanting to wake Camilla, and made her way out of the room, padding softly down the stairs to the kitchen. The house was quiet, the only sound the gentle ticking of the grandfather clock in the hallway as she entered the dimly lit kitchen.