Past Horror Relived /!\

WARNING!!! This story is fiction but realistic. IT HAS A CHARACTER WHO WAS SEXUALLY/PHYSICALLY ABUSED. IT MAY TRIGGER FEELINGS, ETC IN ABUSE/CHILDHOOD ABUSE SURVIVORS.  /!\

......................................................................................................................................................................................

Story by Dana Young

Past Horror Relived

Keaira Andrews woke up from yet another nightmare. This one was so terrible that she still was afraid. She curled up into a ball and lay on her side staring at the clock as if she could move time forward with  her mind. Tears rolled from her eyes to the pillow. It was always the same nightmare, but there were always subtle differences. In this nightmare she was trapped beneath the weight of a man who would not let her move. He held her down until he was finished with his mission. Her screams did nothing to move him. No one came to her rescue. The walls were closing in on her. Her mother slept soundly in the room at the far end  of the hall. The man was faceless, but she knew who he was. His memory was forever embedded in her brain. 

As a young girl of 10 she was visited by her mother's boyfriend every night. He never let her sleep peacefully through the night.  She could always hear the sound of his slippers as he crept through the dimly lit hallway to her room. 

She always wondered how her mother slept so well. She often wondered how she didn't notice the creak of the bed or the shift in weight as he left each night. Each night he finished what he didn't complete the previous night, and then left her to compose herself.

He had her on a twisted schedule. He would molest her and then the next morning they were eating breakfast together like nothing ever happened. Her mother never seemed to notice anything or mind how close they were. They were not father and daughter, but her mother accepted the bond they seemed to have. 

It took about 5 years for her to find the courage to seek help. She told her boyfriend after a particulary bad moment with her new stepfather. Her mother had finally married after about a decade of being single. Her new husband of a year was the boyfriend who molested her daughter. 

She still didn't have a clue that it started, nor that it was still occuring. Keaira felt trapped in a nightmare. Her stepfather had developed a series of bad habits throughout the years. He was abusive, a heavy drinker, a compulsive gambler and liar. He would go out many nights and then come home smelling of Vodka and cheap perfume. His neck was always covered with lipstick kisses and other telltale signs of a romantic evening. Her mother always overlooked these incidents. This continued to go on until the night everything changed. 

Henry Sawyer walked into the house slamming the door behind him. He was very angry and his eyes searched the room for something to destroy. He saw Keaira walking out of the kitchen with a bowl of cereal.

"It's afternoon! Why the hell are you eating cereal?! That is for breakfast!" He snatched the box off the counter and threw it at Keaira who swiftly ducked. He seemed to get angrier that he missed, so he speed walked towards her and knocked the bowl full of cereal and milk on the living room carpet. She bent to clean it up and he pushed her down on the floor and sat on her stomach.