Author's Note & Resources

Hi readers!
    My name's Bonnie, and I'm the writer of this book!
    Why else would I be here, after all?
    I'm only in my early teens, so...
    1. If you can help it, only constructive criticism please!
    2. I don't have any social media, so I can't chat with any of you guys over there!
    I'm trying to post on Tuesdays and Fridays, but I'm super excited about this book, so please note that there may be some unexpected chapter releases as I tell the story of Emerlyn's experiences!
    Keep your eyes peeled—whenever I'm away I'll post a notice in bold text at the end of my most recent chapter!
    Wishing you happy reading!

    For your own reference throughout the book, here's a map of Beaufort, the fictional country in the book. Along with the cover and all the banners, I made this digitally. Thanks to MediBang paint, Canva, and Desygner Book Covers for that!
    I tried my best to make all the names in this book original—any correspondences to the real world or other books are merely coincidences!

 Thanks to MediBang paint, Canva, and Desygner Book Covers for that!    I tried my best to make all the names in this book original—any correspondences to the real world or other books are merely coincidences!

In addition, here's brief descriptions of the main characters in case you forget what they look like!

Emerlyn "Em" Grace Willows
16. Wavy brown hair, gray eyes, a few freckles.
Strong-willed, empathetic, compassionate, funny, bookish but social.

Lucian "Lu" Jayce Argenta
16. Wavy black hair, freckles, playful smile, bright blue eyes.
Funny, kind, caring. Doesn't like wearing fancy clothes, uncomfortable around certain people.

Cecil James Aurea
18. Dirty blond hair, pale blue eyes.
Dutiful, funny, extroverted.