Child's Games

He pulled his cloak hood further over his head as others slowly filtered into the gates. 

The king was having a ceremony today, more of an event, meaning that everyone was welcomed. It seemed a bit childish to the man due to the nature of the ceremony being for the upcoming Halloween. Yet, it didn't matter, as long as he could get close to the king. 

The man with dirty blond hair looked at the imposing stone walls reaching the sky, ivy growing on the ballistas and creeping down the wall. However, there was something, someone, far more interested on the inside, rather than the outside. 

So, he walked in. The guards had confiscated any weapons he had on him. As if he didn't need just his hands, sometimes not even that, to reek havoc. 

He'd rolled his eyes but didn't fight, for he wasn't coming here for a fight. He was coming here for a job. 

However, he had one problem. 

His outfit wasn't very... costume-ish. The king had specified that he wanted everyone to wear costumes. And he was almost positive that his current old, torn clothes didn't count. 

So, he walked to the first clothing store he saw, pulling his cloak hood over his head. 

"Hello, welcome to the shop!" A lady with a similar colour of hair to his own said cheerfully. "May I assume you need a costume? They're half off today!" She explained kindly, warranty an unfocused nod from the man, who glanced around at the costumes, occasionally cringing if one wasn't to his taste, or too childish. 

It was a rather bland store, with white walls and wood floors, bright white lighting and a few store front windows. 

He glanced through the lines of clothing before a particular outfit caught his eye. 

He waved the shopkeeper over, pointing at the outfit. "How much is this?" She checked the price tag. 

Meanwhile, whilst he was waiting, he looked at her nametag. 

He muttered her name to himself over and over and over again. "Mid." He murmured with an edge of finality. 

With the event preparations, King Branzy was busy, making sure everything was just how he wanted it. 

The decorations were spot on, with skulls on the food and spiders hanging from the ceiling. There were cobwebs in the corners and fake bottles of poison as water. 

The sun was setting as he continued walking around, making sure all the food he requested was complete, then nodding to himself, walking back to his bedroom, where he put on his own outfit. 

Once he reemerged, he donned a royal purple button-up t-shirt, black trousers that had many splashes of white paint from when he spilt, and black bikers gloves. He also had white facepaint covering his entire face with a few black swirls on the right cheek. He'd painted his arms as well. With white paint and black hearts. He wore black knee-high boots. His costume was a puppeteer. 

Meanwhile, the man with dirty blond hair had bought the outfit for only five gold coins. He had changed into it. 

He has a button-nose and freckles across his nose and cheeks(which were drawn out by the outfit). The outfit consists of a black hood that's connected to his shirt with bells on the two loops at the end. His shirt has a puffy red cuff on the left wrist. His left sleeve is black with red stripes. On his right arm, a black puffy cuff and a red sleeve with black hearts on the back of his forearm and up to his shoulder down to his wrist. He has a black and red striped button-up long sleeved shirt. He has the same pattern of pants, black and red striped on the right leg, and fully black with red hearts on the left leg. He has black knee-high boots. He also had one black, one red glove. The outfit complemented his nape length dirty blond hair and green eyes