one sided love

joshua pov:

3 years ago:

chan: uhh my day is ruined.

as soon as i heard dino say that my head turned to the door. as expected jeonghan was there with jihye. 

jihye: that's so rude!

hoshi smacked dino's arm. i smiled brightly as jihye greeted us. we were meeting after months and yet i was still not completely over her. i still regretted losing her when we first met. maybe if i had told her my real name she would've remembered me but i had my reasons.

seungcheol: why are you two fighting?

chan: because she has made my life hell!

jihye: that was a harmless prank!

chan: it was my first day at school!

apparently, jihye had pranked dino pretty bad on his first day at school. when we came to know they were classmates, everyone was expecting them to become friends but instead they became enemies.

jeonghan: don't fight! it's her birthday.

since jeonghan's parents were out of city for work, jeonghan brought jihye to our dorm to celebrate. as usual she didn't pay me much attention and i looked away every time she turned in my direction because i didn't want to see the eyes that always pull me in.

scoups brought a cake and jihye looked so excited as she made a wish in front of the candles. the golden flames made her eyes sparkle and i was overwhelmed with the same sense of longing. she just looked so beautiful. too pretty to forget. too adorable to not fall for.

jeonghan: stop staring

i was pulled out of the daze by jeonghan whispering in my ear. i looked away immediately, unable to meet his eyes due to the embarrassment.

jeonghan: she is my sister shua. don't look at her like that.

joshua: i know. sorry i didn't mean to.

jeonghan: it's alright. she is pretty like me. but don't do it again. my sister should be your sister too okay?

i nodded unable to voice the word 'sister' in relation to her. it's not like i haven't tried. all these months i have been trying to forget her. but just when i am about to move on, she comes back into my life. it's just a crush but it isn't easy to get over it. 

and the fact that jihye always seems to avoid me just hurts even more.

before she was about to go back, i decided to talk to her while jeonghan was busy with dokyeom. she was waiting for him at the door and i noticed her tense up as soon as i appeared.

joshua: happy birthday jihye. sorry i didn't get to say it earlier.

jihye: it's okay

she wasn't meeting my eyes. it hurt me that every time i tried to talk to her, she replied in a way that the conversation would end without starting.

joshua: can i say something?

jihye: yeah?

i was feeling this urge to tell her everything. and even if there was a miniscule hope that she would feel the same, perhaps i won't end up getting hurt.

jeonghan: jihye let's go.

i sighed as i was interrupted once again. it didn't escape my notice that jihye looked happy by the interruption. 

i guess, she would never feel the same

...

?: you like her don't you?