chapter 19: light my fire (kitsch pt 2)

KIM CHAEWON

I left the school early, and I'm not going to go back for a week, because most likely Yuna will say something about me punching her. I get home and immediately drop my bag on the floor. I plop on the couch and scream into the throw pillow. then I hear footsteps.

"chae? why are you home so early?"

it was yunjin. I look up at her, crying my eyes out. I didn't mean to punch Yuna, it just happened, I lost control.

"I didn't mean too" I say softly, then I bury my face in my hands, regretting everything. "you didn't mean too what?" Yunjin says, a mixture of a confusion and concern on her face. she sits next to me on the couch, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I punched yuna..." I admit softly. silence fulls the air, I look up slightly and see that Yunjin looks slightly shocked. "you punched yuna!?" she says, shocked and pride???. "yeah" I say, nodding along. "why?" she asks, more confusion fills her facial features.

"she was talking about you" I say softly, looking up at yunjin fully. Yunjin turns and looks into my eyes, I feel my heart rate speed. "what did she say" yunjin asks.

that you were hers

"nothing" I say, looking away. "don't lie to me, what did she say?" yunjin says, turning my face back to look at her. "fine... you want the truth? well here it is, she was talking about making you hers" I admit. yunjin looks slightly shocked.

"ok... but what does that have to do with you?" she asks, as if it wasn't already obvious enough. at this point, I know I have to tell her the truth, that I love her. but I'm scared.

"you'll never know unless you try"

"you can't hide your feelings forever"

"even if people say your a sinner, that they can't forgive you for being you... you don't have to be forgiven, if you love her, you love her"

Sakura's words play in my head, then I gather the courage and I look into Yunjin's eyes.

"Yunjin, I have to tell you something important" I say softly. she tilts her head slightly and looks in my eyes, she sits quiet, waiting for me continue.

"Yunjin, I have felt this way for a long time and you don't have to feel it back, but I really do... I love you"

my confession hangs in the air for a moment. then yunjin takes my hand in hers. "chae... I love you too" she says softly, a smile starting to form on her face.

my eyes widen. she feels the same? she actually loves me back? "you do?" I say, in shock and disbelief. "yes chae, I have for a while now but I was scared you didn't feel it too" she says, leaning closer to me. my heart rate speeds even more. "I guess we're both idiots then" I say, in a joking tone. we both softly laugh at the statement.

"so, are we together?" I ask quietly. she looks at me. "is that what you want?" she says, leaning even closer. i feel heat rise to my cheeks and I start to blush. "y-yes" I stutter. "then yes, we're together" yunjin whispers. then she leans in all the way and kisses me on the lips.

we continue to kiss for a few moments before yunjin pulls away, our breaths ragged. "wow, that was amazing" I say breathlessly. Yunjin nods.

everything feels right again.

A/N: OMG FINALLY!!!!! THEY CONFESSED, also this story is close to being done, but there's still one major event. but I hope you've enjoyed the story so far!! bye