Changing Hearts Ch 1

** Dear readers, I would like to tell you that this story is a typical Love Story. Rate/Message/Comment. Your opinion is grandly appreciated! My friend told me to publish it on Wattpad, but if you see a story identical to this one with a different title on a different site, don't worry. It's me! I hope you enjoy and I'll try to update ASAP. Thank you.**

Sam's P.O.V

“Samantha, could you please pass the peas,” asked my brother girlfriend, Evelyn. I look up for where I had been texting my friend, Jen, from under the table.

“Uhm, last time I checked they were… nevermind.” Kristopher kicked me under the table. I sighed. Evelyn gave me a short smile as she pushed up her glasses. After the prestigious peas had been delivered, I glanced back down as I had been rudely interrupted. Wait, are you calling me sarcastic? Me, never!

“Samantha, put the phone away!” My mom’s firm voice snapped me back to reality. She had just finished putting the last dish on the table. Oh, how I do love family dinners…

“So how was everyone’s day?” My father’s voice booms.He looks around the table. He looks across the table to my mother and says, “Sweetheart, why don’t you start?”

I tried to listen. Really, I do try to listen as my mom drones on about some case she is working on, however, just then, my phone begins to flash. Thank god, no one is able to see. It is camouflaged by the mashed potatoes. I carefully the on button and Jen’s message fills my phone. OMG, Partay 2NITE!! My new BF gonna b there. Pick u up at 8? K! Call me sista, Jen I quickly look up as my mother finishes.

“Well, my day was great!” Courtney jumped in after my mother, the lawyer was finished.

If you are getting confused by my family let me explain. Courtney is my sister, the eldest and a brainiac. Seriously, she studies for fun. I still don’t understand why she turned down Brown. Kristopher is the second eldest and is my sporty brother. The Jock. Both go to the University of Mississippi. And Evelyn, Evelyn is my brothers crazed nature lover girlfriend whom everyone seems to love, except me. I don’t understand their relationship. They are complete opposites.

“So practice was hard, Kris?”

“Oh, yeah, dad. I got cut but Evelyn had these-- what do call them--”

“Bethozame wipes. They are bacteria filled to fight bacteria in cuts or scrapes,” Evelyn cut in.

“Woah,” Caleb said head titled, totally fascinated.

“Yeah, and they help save the white baluga!”

See what I mean. A complete unhealthy relationship!

“Cool do you have some that I can borrow for my squad?” Kayla asked.

Kayla is also one of my older sisters. She is the female version of Kristopher. Same self-absorbed qualities, same qualities. She is the Captain of the cheerleading squad. She is the popular senior that annoys everyone, yet they want to be like her. My younger brother Caleb is our youngest sibling. And just like Courtney is the smart weird one of our family. His passion is science and he is only in grade 4.

My name is Samantha Rosen. Sophomore at Lakeview High School. Daughter of the well-known doctor and the lawyer. With the overachieving siblings, hospitalized sister, you are probably asking I am the one who no one seems to cares about.It may be true in some ways, but I make my own reputation.

“Hey dad, can you drive me an hour earlier to the science meet on Saturday?” Caleb asked disrupting my train of thought.

“What time?” My dad chewed thoughfully