33

Lu Yan's trip to the town went very smoothly.

Because he drove much faster than Haizi on his bicycle, although Lu Yan started later than Haizi, he still walked ahead of Haizi in the end.

On the way, Lu Yan met Haizi who was riding a bicycle and sweating profusely. He stepped on the accelerator, stopped the car and apologized to Haizi: "Haizi, you go home first. I will report the case to the police station myself. I just forgot that I also have to go to the town. I'm sorry for making you go there in vain."

Lu Yan felt very sorry for Haizi's work in vain. Haizi himself didn't think it was a big deal.

"It's okay. I can't even touch a bicycle normally. Today, thanks to you, I had a good ride. I'm very happy."

Haizi said excitedly, then hesitated for a moment, holding the handlebars, eyes sparkling, and asked Lu Yan in a low voice: "Brother Shitou, I don't want to go home. Can I go to town with you? I've never ridden a car before. Can you take me for a ride?"

"If it's a bicycle, I, I... I'll tie it to the top of the bike. It won't get lost."

Facing Haizi's hopeful eyes, Lu Yan found it difficult to say no.

Haizi was so tired because of Lu Yan's matter. Lu Yan felt really bad for letting him go back like this. Haizi wanted to take a ride, which was not a big deal. Lu Yan nodded and agreed without much hesitation.

"Okay, just put the bike in the trunk. No need to tie it to the top of the car."

This car was prepared by Chen Xingguo and his team to collect money and return to Taipei City, so the trunk was not small, and it was no problem to put a 28-inch bicycle in it.

Haizi got on the car happily after hearing this. Sitting in the car, Haizi saw everything new. He was excited and nervous. He touched and looked around, but his body was stiff and he dared not move.

He went to the town with Lu Yan at lightning speed. After parking the car, Haizi rushed out like a spring and squatted on the side of the road to vomit.

Haizi, who was riding in a car for the first time, was very carsick.

Seeing Haizi looking depressed and uncomfortable, and completely lacking the energy he had when he first got on the car, Lu Yan sent him to the town clinic and asked him to wait for him there.

"Wait for me here for a while, and let Dr. Liu prescribe some motion sickness medicine for you. I'll pick you up after I'm done with my work."

"No, no."

Haizi waved his hands with a pale face.

"Brother Shitou, please leave the bike at the door. I'll go slowly and then ride back to the village. That car is too high-end, I won't ride it."

The car was good, but Haizi couldn't afford it. For the sake of his life, Haizi didn't dare to ride it again.

"Can you do it? Do you still have the strength to ride home in this state?"

Lu Yan was worried about leaving the weak Haizi behind, but Haizi gritted his teeth and assured him that he would be fine.

Lu Yan was in a hurry and had no time to waste with Haizi, so he left some money for Haizi, asking him to rest and eat well before going home.

"Don't be reluctant to spend it. Eat well and have strength, then you can go home safely. If something happens to you, I will become a sinner for all eternity."

"Well, Brother Shitou, go ahead. I will do as you say. Don't worry."

Haizi was very grateful for Lu Yan's consideration. He was also very sorry that he had caused trouble for Lu Yan.