𝟭𝟭| 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩

WELL, SHIT

WELL, SHIT. Josy stood in the middle of her father's office, her fingers tightly gripping a stack of papers as her eyes grew wide with need for explanation as Debbie walked towards her with slow, almost threatening steps.

Josy swallowed the lump in her throat the closer her sister came, but her legs weren't working as they should. She still stood frozen on the marble tiles, clutching the papers against her chest. With her arms wrapped tightly around them, she was able to prevent Debbie from taking them away from her.

Why did she have to forget about the time, damn it?

"What do you have there?" There was a snarl in Debbie's words, her brown eyes shimmering with skepticism. "And what the hell are you doing in Dad's office? I thought you had to use the bathroom?"

"Iᅳ I, uhm", Josy was at a loss of words and couldn't come up with a good excuse, until she finally got annoyed with herself for even trying. The uncertain look in her eyes turned cold, her chest heaving with anger. "Maybe I should ask you what this is?"

Now it was Josy who closed the distance between herself and Debbie, reached for the files again and waved it in front of her sister's face. "And then you're stupid enough to keep the original medical record?" The redhead shook her head, snorting. "I really thought you were smarter."

"Josy." Debbie's voice held a warning and with a quick flick of her wrist she tried to reach for the papers, but Josy pulled her hand back just in time and just glared right back at her. "It's better for you if you just give me this, okay? It's better for everyone!"

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" Josy backed away as Debbie darted forward, so many times until they were both circling the table, their eyes always locked. "This file proves how absolutely callous and cold-blooded you two are. The accident, who was responsible for it, huh?"

"You don't want to know the whole truth, believe me." Debbie got visibly nervous, her breath quickening. "We only wanted the best for you. Actually, we just wanted to put you out of your miseryᅳ it was never planned for you to survive the accident."

"You risked not only hurting me, but also my daughter, your niece." Josy shook her head vigorously, deeply hurt by her family's betrayal. "This kind of shit is unforgivable, Debbie."

"Don't be ridiculous, Josy." Debbie stopped in her tracks when she saw Arthur step into the doorway, Josy's back still facing the door. "We can talk about anything, okay?"

"No, talking is over. You should've made sure to really get me out of the way." Josy's usually friendly eyes darkened, her protective instinct towards Happy and Esmee kicking in. "Because I will do everything in my power to make you pay for what you did to my husband, my daughter and me."

"You won't", Arthur stepped forward with a click of his tongue, slowly circling his daughter like a predator circling his prey. "You will understand at some point that we only wanted to protect you. And until then, you will not leave this house again."