Rumor mill

The dinning hall was so tense that every servant present just wanted to complete their assigned tasks and escape as quickly as possible.

It wasn't anything new for the servants of the Henituse household. Family meals tended to be a tense affair with the eldest young master being as he was. The presence of the trash of the family with his constant tantrums and misdemeanor made the otherwise perfect family unable to enjoy their food or have any casual conversation.

This was different. It wasn't because of the presence of the only redhead in the family. But because of his absence instead.

The eldest young master, who had just recovered from a drowning incident a month ago, had gone back and again gotten into trouble, almost drowning yet again. Even when he came back he was lost in thought and soon after had once again, left for the ubarr shores.

The number of incidents happening there, weren't limited to that. The young master had a tendency to get into trouble so it was what everyone was expecting of him anyway when he had first started going on these impromptu vacations.

That wasn't an issue in and of itself as the ubarrs were well adebt at taking care of any issues he might cause.
No, the problem was that he shouldn't have drowned in the first place, since he was a exceptional swimmer.

It wasn't like he was jumping in the whirlpools so why did it happen twice?

It had led to many speculations regarding the incident. Theories of what actually happened were being passed down from one person to another, supporting or disregarding each new conspiracy.

"It was an assassination attempt. " someone said.

"Of the useless trash?" Their partner scoffed.

"He is the eldest."

"But not the heir."

"Maybe someone finally snapped and decided to get rid of him for good." A thug in the bar snarled while banging his fist on the table.

"For throwing bottles?" Their companion asked, incredulous.

"At people. "

"And missing. Every. Single. Time."

'He might as well be aiming at the walls at this point. ' They thought and decided their companion has had enough alcohol.

"Even if was an accident, why would the child insist on going back again? Shouldn't he be afraid of the water by now?" A kind grandmother asked the vendor.

"Who knows? He hasn't been around the city for almost an year now." -The vendor shrugged and added under his breath- "maybe he wanted to drown."
He frowned at his own thoughts.

The young master in question had been looking more and more tired as the years had passed. As if he was fading away slowly.

'Could it be?'

He shook his head and decided to forget about it.

He will see for himself when the kid inevitably returns to cause more mayhem.

Somehow, when every other possibility had been shut down, one theory had prevailed.

Rumor has it that young master Cale was suicidal and it was only a matter of time before he succeeded.

The tension in the air was so thick, it felt like it was choking them.
The usually cheerful atmosphere when it was just the brunettes presents was nowhere to be seen.

The benevolent Count was lost in thought while glaring at his poor plate  that had done no wrong but to be a vessel to feed him.

The countess had her otherwise neutral face set in a frown.