𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | Farewell to Jurassic World

──────────❝ 🦕 ❞──────────

The moment the group was safe, Brooklyn unceremoniously passed out from the pain and exhaustion which momentarily scared the others. Medics tended to the woman immediately at the sight of her wounds and the knowledge of her name, they worked for the remainder of the night to stitch up the tooth made cut in her shoulder blade before moving on to stitching and cleaning the deep cut on the right side of her face. The future scarring of the cut would begin at her hairline and over her right eye ─ which had miracles remained unharmed ─ to her top lip. By the time the medics had finished up with the girl, hooking her to a temporary IV and managing a quick blood transfusion thanks to a nearby tourist who had a universal blood type that replenished some of the blood she had lost, the sun had risen.

Once the medics cleared out, Zach didn't hesitate to sit at her side with Gray laying on a nearby bedcot. The Hanger they were in was flooded with people waiting for the new ship arrival, they had been slowly transferring survivors onto the ships to safety. Zach kept Brooklyn's hand in his own, his pinkie rested against her steady pulse while his thumb rubbed absent-mindedly against her knuckles. He looked at the bandage that peeked out of her new tank top that was to keep the shoulder wound clean before his eyes moved to look at her face, the right side of her face was bandaged awkwardly but necessary for her healing process until she did a proper check up with a doctor.

Claire sat with Gray, his head in her lap as he rested his eyes due to his own exhaustion. Owen had been pulled aside by Barry along with others, though it was obvious that Owen wanted to be with his best friend to make sure she was truly okay. It wasn't an hour later when Claire looked up from the now awake Gray, making eye contact with her sister and brother-in-law. "Boys, it's your parents," Claire told the two, "It's your parents. Come on, come on." Gray got up quickly, he was really wanting a hug from his mother. But Zach was more hesitant, he didn't want to leave Brooklyn's side so he was glad that his parents walked straight towards them; he wouldn't have to go too far from her side.

"Are you okay?" Karen asked as she pulled her youngest into her embrace, tears filled her eyes as she held her son. Claire stood to the side as Zach embraced his father, the two were silent but it was obvious that his father was happy that his sons were alive. "You okay?" Scott asked his eldest, pulling away to look at his son. "Yeah... I'm alive," Zach replied before he hugged his mother, the woman let a smile show at her eldest sons affection. Scott pulled Gray into his arms, the two talking softly to each other. Zach heard a light groan from the side and looked over to see Brooklyn reaching up to scratch at the bandage over her eye. "Baby, no," Zach quickly moved over to her and grabbed her hand in his.

"I can't..." Brooklyn muttered painfully, she blinked her left eye but couldn't seem to do the same with her right. "It's only temporary, Lyn. Just while it heals," Zach cooed softly at the panic on her face, his parents watched in awe and shock at their son. There was a new sense of maturity in his eyes but their was also a look of longing and adoration as he gazed affectionately at the woman laying on the bedcot. "Who is that?" Karen asked her youngest. "That's Brooklyn Malcolm, Mom. She kept us alive, saved us. She and Zach are..." Gray trailed off with that, Karen and Scott smiled slightly seeing that the experience wasn't only traumatic. Karen turned her attention to her sister, the two hugged and whispered to one another. Scott and Gray stepped away with the sisters leaving Zach and Brooklyn alone.