Without them

"Man, I hope summer comes soon" 

"Zoe school only just started back up" 

"Shut up will ya" She grumbled, this earned a light chuckle from the speaker

"Oh Ethan" 

"Hm?" He hummed in response as he stuffed a piece of garlic bread into his mouth.

"I'll call you in the morning at your usual wake up time"

"Hmh" Giving a thumbs up as another sign of acknowledgment 

So there Ethan stood watching his only two siblings go. "See you for summer guys!" He yelled waving the two off. After about 5 minutes of staring at the brown door, Ethan headed straight for bed. Seeing as it was 8:59 and hanging out with your siblings can get quite tiring, he was calling it a night.

Tossing himself on his bed, he let the need of sleep take over him.

"See you for summer guys!" He yelled them off

'That's a lie'

"Uhhh, whose there!?"

'Me, shadow'

"Why are you here!?"

'What do you mean why am here am ALWAYS here'

"N-No you aren't"

'Aww that makes me sad, you don't know  who I am?'

"No, should I?"

'Yes!'

"Holy shit! Y-your a shadow!"

'Its in the name, duh'

"where am I !?"

'Your in your head'

"H-how?'

'Mhhhhh, I have no idea I just know your here'

"How do I get out?"

'When you believe'

"In what?"

'That there not coming back'

"...."

'Don't be silent with me you and I both know there never coming back'

"That's not true!"

'Hahahahahah'

"What's so funny!" 

'Because you don't believe that'

"..."

'They'll leave you, drowning in anxiety'

With a snap of Shadows finger  Ethan was floating in a body of water.

'They'll put in a box and let you sink deeper'

Ethan bit his lip hard. He had hated tight spaces since he was a kid. One time he went to a friends house, they were playing hide and seek. For some odd reason he decided that hiding under the bean bag was a good idea. Unfortunately somebody weighing 265 pounds sat on it. Now imagine that, A six year old kid being squished by a 265 pound man. Not very fun. It was worse cause when he finally got up, Ethan had stopped breathing. His mom found him with his hand poking out from under it. Although Ethan didn't know what happened after that, he swore to never be stuck in a small space again, and this situation right here, it wasn't helping whatsoever. (Dripping with sas)