68

Chapter 68

When Ruan Mingfu saw Ms. Luan, she was so scared that she almost jumped out of bed. But due to her injured foot, she fell backwards uncontrollably.

Xie Yanzhao was quick to catch her.

"Be careful!"

Ruan Mingfu didn't care about much, she grabbed Xie Yanzhao's clothes behind his waist and hid herself behind him.

She didn't forget to whisper, "Xie Yanzhao, you have to protect me!"

It hurts when her own mother hits people, Ruan Mingfu doesn't want to be beaten.

Ms. Luan frowned, "What are you mumbling about?"

"No... nothing!"

Ms. Luan rolled her eyes and looked at her unhappily, "Okay, who are you showing this to? You are my own child, can I beat you to death?"

Ruan Mingfu wanted to cry but had no tears.

If she hadn't heard the last sentence, she wouldn't have been afraid. But after hearing the last sentence, her hair stood up in fear.

Ms. Luan rolled her eyes at her annoying daughter and found a place to sit down.

"That's enough!"

Ruan Mingfu cautiously showed half of her face from behind Xie Yanzhao.

She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that Ms. Luan really didn't hit her.

He looked at her flatteringly, "Mom~"

"I won't fall for that."

Ruan Mingfu: "..."

Her mother is still so difficult to deal with.

Xie Yanzhao couldn't bear it and tried to help Ruan Mingfu out, "Mom."

Only then did Ms. Luan look up at him.

Being looked at by her mother-in-law was even more stressful than letting Xie Yanzhao go to the battlefield. He clenched his hands unconsciously and pursed his lips, fearing that he would hear her say "disagree" the next moment.

"Not bad," Ms. Luan nodded, "still energetic."

Xie Yanzhao breathed a sigh of relief.

The first level was passed...

But Ruan's father was dissatisfied.

He looked at Ms. Luan suddenly and spoke in disbelief.

"Wife?!"

"Shut up," Ms. Luan didn't have a good face for Ruan's father, "I'll settle the score with you later!"

Ruan's father shut up.

Like Ruan Mingfu, he looked like a child who had made a mistake.

Qi Yangyan didn't dare to speak either.

His mother had the highest status in the family. She was a woman at the top of the food chain. His father couldn't afford to offend her, and he couldn't afford to offend her either.

Gu Yilin's eyes sparkled.

He almost rushed to Ms. Luan and shouted, "Sister, I can do it!"

Even Qi Yangyan's handsome face did not attract her attention.

"Mom, Mingfu will take a while before she can go home," Xie Yanzhao suggested, "Why don't you and Dad go get a physical examination? I'll take you there?"

Ms. Luan nodded.

She and Xie Yanzhao had the same idea.

"We'll go by ourselves, you take care of her."