30.

[ Machiko’s ]

It was like that over and over again for a week. Me and Amara always bump into each other unexpectedly or as planned. She did accomplish her bawi for me, and it was heartwarming even though I mostly pushed her away. 

"Machiko, I bought chocolates. It's your cravings, diba?"

"Machiko, are you okay? Do you want me to come?"

"I can make time; don't worry. Let me just finish this photoshoot."

"Hey, you look so good talaga."

"I'm here as always, po. I hope you know how worthy of a person you are."

Those were her words, and they would be shown through her actions as well. It wasn't easy for her to deal with me, especially since she said that I'd changed. 

And suddenly, I didn't question myself about how to love. I felt... safe.  I felt secure with her.

Is it right to give her the trust again?

Is it right to give things back to her?

I couldn't blame her; all she did was just for me. But it turned out wrong for the both of us. It was destiny that tried to make us learn lessons in life.

The day passed, and I finished my last week of law school. And now I have my rest, finally. It has been so long, and I've been feeling haggard.

While I was lying down, my phone started to make sounds because of notifications. It was our group chat named "b8."

Maise: visit tayo ph

Sadie: tamang behavior! lesgo to boracay

Juniper: Tuloy ba talaga to? Baka postponed na naman kagaya noon

Caily: huwag ka nalang sumama

Skylar: HWHSHWHAHHAHAHAHA AGOY ANG SUCK8

Juniper: Ok

Galilea: ako na book sa tickets, ilan ba tayo?

Caily: @Machiko

I was staring at their messages; my mind felt loaded. Should I... go?  I ghosted supporters. And I know I will be doomed if I get recognised.

At ano namang gagawin ko rito sa US na ako lang without law school? I would be so lonely. They will be in the Philippines.

Suddenly, Amara started replying to their messages.

Amara: y'all need me?

Skylar: oo sobra sponsor ka te 😆😆😆

Sadie: kapal HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA pero tru

Galilea: 7 tickets, @Machiko?

Machiko: I'll go.

Amara: i'll go then

Maise: WOWERS HWHSHWHAHHAHAHAHA

I smiled. Tangina, here we go again. In love na naman ba ako? What the hell?

And just like that, Amara visited me again after her work. Palagi nalang ata.

"Did I disturb you?" Her soft tone made it again.

"No, everything's fine." I smiled to assure her. "How's your day?"

"Fine, tiring as usual." She was leaning against the sofa while looking at me.

"Rest, I'll cook." I smiled a little and stood up.

"Let me do that; I can still cook." She stood up as well.