Ramses "Rams" Meijer

Ramses "Rams" Meijer is a seasoned operator with a wealth of experience managing large multi-million-dollar enterprises in both the fintech and travel sectors. Throughout his career, he has expertly overseen every facet of online technology operations, ranging from product management to marketing, sales, analytics, business development, call center operations, and overall strategic execution. His ability to lead large, geographically dispersed teams has enabled rapid optimizations, sustained growth, and the development of long-term business strategies. His leadership has consistently driven his teams toward achieving ambitious goals, leveraging his deep understanding of the intricate dynamics that govern high-stakes industries.

Leading WerkMagic to New Heights

Bringing his extensive expertise into his entrepreneurial ventures, Meijer established WerkMagic, a North Carolina-based full-service property management, marketing, and consulting company. As the owner and CEO of WerkMagic, he has infused the company with his profound knowledge of sales and marketing strategy, people management, and organizational leadership. His comprehensive experience across various domains is now fueling WerkMagic's rapid growth, offering a suite of services tailored to meet the unique needs of short-term rental owners. Under his stewardship, WerkMagic is poised to become a leader in the property management industry, benefiting from his innovative approach to business and unwavering commitment to excellence.

Significant Contributions at LendingTree

Ramses's tenure at LendingTree is marked by a series of notable accomplishments that underscore his capabilities as a business leader. Over nearly five years, he rose through the ranks, starting as General Manager responsible for crucial lending categories such as credit cards, student loans, and auto loans. His performance earned him swift promotions, eventually leading to his role as Senior Vice President of General Management Operations for LendingTree's entire suite of marketplace businesses. In this capacity, he oversaw $700 million in annual revenue, holding full ownership of P&L, business strategy, operations, and execution across multiple business lines and brands. His strategic leadership not only optimized existing operations but also spearheaded the integration of acquired brands into the LendingTree ecosystem, thereby enhancing the company's overall market presence.

Pioneering Brand Campaigns at Expedia Group

Before his impactful work at LendingTree, Ramses Meijer spent six years at Expedia Group, where he held several key positions, culminating in his role as General Manager of North American brands, including Orbitz, Travelocity, and CheapTickets. His tenure at Expedia was characterized by his ability to launch innovative and forward-thinking brand campaigns that resonated with diverse audiences. Campaigns such as "Just Like That," "Travel with Pride," and "Santas in Santa Monica" exemplify his creative vision and his skill in aligning brand messaging with broader cultural themes. His leadership was instrumental in driving brand recognition and loyalty, as evidenced by his rapid ascent within the company over six years.

Extensive Background in Hotel Sales and Marketing

Ramses's career foundation was built on 14 years of experience in hotel sales and marketing, where he honed his skills in some of the most prestigious hotel chains in the world. His roles included Senior Sales Manager at InterContinental DC & Chicago, Director of Sales at Omni Hotels Dallas, Director of Sales & Marketing at Bel Air Hotel The Hague, and Director of Sales at The Langham Hotel Chicago. This extensive experience in the hospitality industry provided him with a deep understanding of customer service, brand management, and sales strategies, which would later prove invaluable in his roles at Expedia and LendingTree. His ability to navigate the competitive landscape of hotel sales set the stage for his subsequent success in the technology and finance sectors.

A Global Perspective and Personal Life

Born in Doetinchem, The Netherlands, Meijer's global perspective has been shaped by his diverse experiences and education. He attended NHL Stenden Hotel Management School and moved to the United States in 1999 to complete his bachelor's degree in hospitality, undertaking a year-long internship with the Ritz-Carlton Company. Fluent in English, Dutch, and German, His life and career have taken him across the globe, from his early years in the Netherlands to his current residence in Charlotte, North Carolina. He is married to April, with whom he shares a daughter, Maxime, and two dogs, Riley and Remy. He is deeply involved in his daughter's academic and sports activities, coaching her YMCA volleyball and soccer teams. The family enjoys traveling, exploring new cultures, and engaging in outdoor activities, with a particular fondness for the Carolina Mountains and annual ski trips to Utah and Colorado.

A Talented DIY Enthusiast

When not focused on his professional endeavors or athletic pursuits, Ramses Meijer enjoys spending time on DIY projects around his home. His skill and dedication to craftsmanship are evident in the extensive work he has completed, including building a new composite deck, yard fencing, and an outdoor swing set. His attention to detail extends to interior projects as well, such as revamping the laundry room and upgrading the fireplace with new cabinetry and a backsplash. These projects reflect his hands-on approach to both his professional and personal life, where he is driven by a desire to create and improve.

Commitment to Community and Charitable Causes

Meijer and his family are deeply committed to giving back to their community. He volunteers his time coaching at the YMCA, helping at food pantries, and supporting homeless shelters. The family is also involved in various charitable activities, contributing financially to several causes each year. Their dedication to community service is a core value, and they actively seek out opportunities to make a positive impact on the lives of others. This commitment to philanthropy is an integral part of the Meijer family's ethos, shaping their interactions with the community and guiding their actions both locally and globally.