TEARS

Maybe, heaven does exist...

I felt it when I met you...

••••••••••

"I'm really sorry to tell you this, but. You only have two months left to live."

My doctor told me.

Nice to meet all of you. I'm Miracle, 17 years old. And you heard right. I'm dying. Because of lymphoma cancer. A very rare type of cancer.

I don't want to die...

Well, who does. For now, I'll just live my life...

••••••••••

"Matthew, I heard that your childhood friend only has two months left to live."

My mom told me while we were eating.

By the way, I'm Matthew, 20 years old.

"Which childhood friend? I have many childhood friends."

I asked my mom.

"Miracle."

She only said her name. And my world stopped for a second.

Miracle is one of my childhood friends. Or should I say, my first and probably my last love. She is an extraordinary girl.

I'am knowlegable about her rare disease. But she never told me she is dying. We are always together. Since I take care of her because she can't walk because of weakness.

"Is she in the hospital right now?"

I curiously asked.

"She isn't. Her mom told me that she is always at the park where she met you."

My mom told me.

"I'll go there."

••••••••••

A few hours later

••••••••••

"Miracle!"

I called her name. And she turned her head to see me.

She is wearing the white dress I gave her on her last birthday. It's her favorite dress, she told me. But now, she's really pale and thin.

"Hi Matthew. Long time no see."

She said then flashed me a smile.

"Don't "long time no see" me. You were hiding so I wasn't able to see you."

I said acting angry.

"I'm sorry about that. I just don't want you to worry. My younger brother worrying about me is enough."

This girl. Only has her younger brother, Hope, as family. There parents died on a car accident. They are currently living with there grandparents that doesn't really care about them.

Even though what happens. This girl is always smiling...

I sitted in the benched in front her. To talk with her more comfortably.

"It's natural for people to worry."

I told her.

"I don't want anyone to worry about me. I don't want to be a burden."

She said, still smiling.

I really want to know how this girl could smile. Despite all the sad happenings in her life.

"I want to ask you this question badly. How could you smile? Knowing that you will be leaving soon?"

I saw her smile faded. But it came back again like nothing happened.

"Being sad won't keep me alive. So I'll just smile. Even though everything is really hurting me inside. I just want to smile like nothing is wrong. I'm not dying, and live longer."

What she said was true... I can't counter that...

"If I cry, would I live? If I cry, would my life be longer? If I cry, will you be happy?"

"If I cry, people will worry about me. Pity me, and even take advantage of my weakness. So I'll just smile."

I want to see her smiling... But I think smiling is not right in this situation.

"I want you to cry."

I suddenly said. I, myself, is surprised that I actually said that.

"There is nothing wrong with crying. Every person cries. And I think you need to."

"There is no need to pretend to be happy. Just show want you really want to show. Smile if you can. But, cry if you want. I'm here for you."

I looked at her. And saw a tear escaped from her eyes. Until it was followed by another, and another, and another. Now, she's crying nonstop.

I hugged her. Because I know she needs it.

"I don't want to die! I still want to live! I still want to be with Matthew!"

Her last sentence made my heart stop. Is she serious?

"Are you... serious? "

I asked her. She faced me, wiped her tears, and smiled weakly.

"Yes, I love you. But I don't want you to love me."

She said looking into my eyes.

"What do you mean you don't want me to love you? When I already do..."

I'm serious. I really am.

"I don't want somebody to love me. Because, I don't want the one who will love me be hurt when I go, to heaven."

"Matthew, do you believe in heaven?"

I do. I will. If I could be with you there.

"I think so..."

I blurted out. 'Cause I find the right words.

"Me, I do. Because I want to go there. As soon as I can..."

Why does she want to leave so soon? Why?