WHEN WILL WE MEET AGAIN?

CHAPTER 1                                                                                                                                                                                SHACKLES OF BUSINESS                                                                   

In a world full of savage people, people who are driven by their desires. People who are also obsessed with wealth and power, just like my family. I never wanted to be part of this kind of life that they had. A life where you have responsibilities and a tight schedule because of some company that, someday, would be mine just because I am the only heir to their legacy.

Butler Ken: "Young Master Alexander, you are summoned by your father

Butler Ken: "Young Master Alexander, you are summoned by your father."

Alexander: "Thanks, Butler Ken. Where is he?"

Butler Ken: "He is at the library right now, Master. Don't keep him waiting for too long."

Alexander: "I will make it in time, thank you."

This business is never my priority. I only wanted to live like a normal boy who can go out freely and make true friends, not those fake and toxic friends who is only after my social rankings and money. The truth is, this life is suffocating me.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

???: "Come in..."

Alexander: "You called for me, father?"???: "How many times have I told you to

???: "How many times have I told you to..."

Alexander: "Always knock three times, yes I know father."

???: "Then why did you not do as I told you to?"

Alexander: "It must have slipped my mind, father. I apologize."

Assistant William: "Mr. Jones, someone sent you a letter."

Augustine L. Jones, my father, is one of the Four Wealthiest CEO's in the country. We were once close, but things took a turn when my mom died from cancer when I was just 10 years old. He is now like a workaholic who only thinks of my future in the company, not the life that I wanted to be in.

Mr. Jones: "What's the letter about? Better be not some journalists asking for my son's presence."

Assistant William: "Well, I think the Young Master might hate this..."

Alexander: "W-what? Why? Does it concern my well-being?"

I always receive letters inviting me either parties, modeling offers, and the type I hate the most, marriage proposal. I don't like the feeling I'm getting from it. I can't have another proposal from the other industries or any offers again.

Assistant William: "It's from the Miller Ceramics, they are asking if you would allow their daughter to be your son's soon-to-be wife."

Alexander: "WHAT!"

Mr. Jones: "Well, I guess we can't miss this opportunity."

Alexander: "BUT DAD! I DON'T WANT TO MARRY SOMEONE I DON'T EVEN LOVE OR HAVE KNOWN IN MY LIFE! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!"

Mr. Jones: "Think about it, son. Miller Ceramics is as the same rank as us. The time will come for them to overpower us and they will be in newspaper more than us. We can use this connection to strengthen our company and have more advantage of the situation. Besides, you just turned eighteen years old two days ago and is now legal to marry someone. As your father, I will accept this proposal and you won't think of cancelling it on your own. Do you understand me, Alexander?"

I am not even interested in girls. I once dated a guy in the 7th grade, which Father never knew about. That relationship didn't end well as I imagined it would be. I never dated again since I am too occupied with this business, I never wanted this. But Father, as always, insisted when it comes to business matters.

Alexander: "Yes, Father..."

Mr. Jones: "Very well, have the two youngsters schedule a meeting with each other and send the information to Mrs. Miller. I'll be meeting up with her at our district meeting tomorrow morning."

Assistant William: "Yes, sir."

Preposterous! My dad didn't even wish me a happy birthday since my Mom died. He has been sinking himself with work since that day and barely comes home. It's as if he treat me as one of the reasons why my mom died. I miss those days with him when our life was once like those people whom you all called "peasants". I can't believe my father would sell me off just because he wants more wealth and connection. Is this just my only purpose in his life? A stepping stone to more power and wealth? Why am I even born when my own Father never cherished me as his son, not some object?

LATER THAT NIGHT

Butler Ken: "Goodnight, Young Master Alexander."

Alexander: "Goodnight. Have a good rest tonight, Butler Ken."

Butler: "The same goes to you too, Young Master."

I feel so desperate in this life that it feels like I'm in a prison which can't be escaped. It's just like a bird in a cage. I just wish I have a temporary place that I can be free, be who I wanted to be.