34.

[ Machiko’s ]

A week later, our Boracay trip passed, and we are back in the States. It was still my law school break, so I just kept staying in my condominium while Amara was busy with her job. 

"Saan ka?" Caily spoke on call with me. I had to call someone because I'm dying of boredom.

"Condo, I'm dying of boredom." I sighed.

"Nasaan ba si Amara mo?"

"Work, as usual. She's really busy, and she comes home late nights na."

I heard Caily chuckle before answering, "Hirap na hirap ka nyan? Nangungulila ka siguro."

Hindi siguro, nangungulila talaga.

"I've always felt needy for her; it's frustrating. But, oh well, my girlfriend is a model."

Yes, my girlfriend. We are officially together.

"Gala nalang tayo, saan mo ba gusto?" I heard Maise’s voice on call. They are together, pala ngayon.

Hm... I miss drinking. I miss going to bars.

"Let's go drink after dinner; is that fine?" I asked them.

"Arat, tawagan ko lang si Juniper," Maise unhesitatingly answered.

"Ayan, lasinggera ka talaga, uyab." I heard Caily’s annoyed tone. Then, we ended the call after saying our goodbyes. 

I fell asleep for the whole day while waiting for Amara's text messages. When I woke up, she was live at an interview. So, I did watch it as the most supportive girlfriend.

After that, I scrolled through the media, and I remembered the guy who asked for Amara’s number. Amara answered that she has a girlfriend, and she was referring to me. It was spread all over the internet.

"Lowkey declaring that they are in a relationship???"

"sus since before pa 'yan, halata 'yan sila 😆"

"KINIKILIG AQ WJSHWJSJAJA"

"mga kababayan, marurupok po sila"

Some of those were the comments; we were the top 1 chika on the internet. And I remembered that Amara asked me if we could publicly announce our relationship. I'm still thinking about it. What if I get disturbed? The school and the class I'm going to aren't jokes. Possibly, people can disturb me because Amara is my girlfriend. I want to know more about how to adjust to it.

A few hours later, it was already evening, and I finally stood up to get ready. Before I got in the bathroom, my phone rang, and it stopped me from walking.

It's Amara.

"Hey, babi." My voice sounded soft on call.

"Hi, love. I'm sorry, I had no time to call or text you earlier because I was really crashed with a lot of schedules. How was your day?" I missed her voice. Damn. Grabe ka na, Arceta.

"It's good; I slept the whole day, and I'm dying because of boredom," I joked. "How about you? When are you coming home?"

"My day is exhausting as usual, and I'll come home late, na naman." She sighed. "I will just text you, okay?" 

"Okay," I sighed. "I love you."

"I love you, Machiko. Be a good girl for me," she said before ending the call. 

I continued to go to the bathroom and take a shower. I am really going to the bar without telling her. Bahala siya, nagtatampo na ako.

I was just wearing a simple, plain white t-shirt and black trousers with black shoes. I had a silver watch on my wrist and a necklace. Then my hair is tied up. I looked in the mirror and thought to myself that I looked overall good. Lol.