𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Music filled my ears as I walked through the crowd clutching my bag and gazing around for a certain ms Yummy. As I turned left and right I finally found her talking to these 2 guys who I had gotten to know as Johnnie and Jake. I tapped her shoulder and she turned around and squealed.

"ALYSSA HEYY" She exclaimed as she pulled me into a hug. I hugged her bag and smiled at the guys over her shoulder.

"Heyy Tara"

"Ugh you look so hot" She said looking me up and down. I smiled

"Thank you so do you" She linked arms with me and said bye to the pair then dragged me to the bar. I waved and mouthed an apology for interrupting their conversation then ordered a drink. Me and Tara walked around to a more secluded area and talked while drinking and taking shots. The night was fun laughter stretched across the venue the alcohol was settling in and it was all smiles. Me and Tara ended up going on a small stage and doing karaoke which might have been one of the funnest things of my life. Everything was going well. 

Once we were out of breath from screaming lyrics at the top of our lungs, we got off the stage passing the mics to someone else and got another drink together.

"So, you have a crush on anyone?" Tara asked as she took a shot of vodka like it was water. I shook my head.

"Nope love's pretty shit" I said before coughing horrendously after taking a shot. Tara laughed and ordered me a water.

"True"

A random guy approuched us, well Tara with a bright smile on his face. Tara smiled back.

"Hey T you were great at karaoke" He said. I sensed something going on already

"Thank you" Tara said with a small laugh. He then took a seat beside her and ordered a drink. As he was ordering Tara turned around to face me.

"That's my crush" She mouthed and I nodded with a smirk. 

"He's cute" I mouthed back as I got up not wanting to third wheel on them. I said bye to Tara and her crush and walked away without a thought of where I was going. I decided that it would probably be a good idea to talk to someone since I had practically been clung to Tara since I got here. As I looked around for someone to talk to the door opened and 3 guys walked in.

Three guys who looked incredibly familiar

A couple people walked up to them and gave them a hug and pushed a drink in their hands. They reciprocated and walked around talking to some other people. I turned around and walked deeper into the crowd but not too deep to the point I couldn't see them. I turned around to see Tara talking to them.

"Matt, Nick, Chris! It's great to see you guys!" Tara exclaimed. Nick and Tara hugged and they talked a little more quietly. I looked away and stared at the floor.

I felt like I couldn't breathe.

It can't be them, can't be him

Can it?

I sobered up real quickly and turned back towards them, trying to get a better look at them. Nick and Chris seemed to be fully focused on Tara and whatever they were talking about.

However Matt's eyes were locked on mine

I couldn't move, couldn't think. I don't think he could either. His face was expressionless, silent. Maybe mine was too. The world stopped spinning, Like firmly pressed on the brakes and even the room felt silent. I couldn't even process the music in my ears. He was first to break and looked towards Tara plastering a smile on his face. I snapped back to reality and finished the rest of my drink and walked away and bumped into someone, of course!

"Oi watch where your going" This tall guy yelled in my face, slightly spitting. I would've been angry, I mean there's no need to be aggressive your at a packed party with probably more then 100 people.

"Sorry" I slipped past him and walked into the bathroom. It was empty and I took a breath and looked in the reflection. My makeup and hair still looked good which I was thankful for but I applied a little more perfume to give me something to do.

I was still shocked. Confused. I hadn't seen him in 3 years and now when I just wanted to have fun he's fucking there. I hoped to never see him again but here we are, very aware that we are at the same party. What was I even doing in the bathroom?

I walked out and stopped again seeing him at the bar. He was sitted and chatting with the bartender who had big smile and a little bit to much lipstick. I ignored him but before I could plan my grand exit, possibly my death too, Someone spoke.

"Oh my god Alyssa hey I can't believe it's you!" Nick spoke as he downed his drink. I plastered a smile on my face and tried to keep my eyes on his.

"Yeah it's lovely to see you it's been so long" I spoke softly trying to hide all the raging emotions inside. I didn't even know how to feel. Should I hug him? Should I dive deep into conversation? or recall the past? or talk about how my ex was less then 10 metres away from me?

"How've you been?" 

"I've been good.. uhm I moved to LA like 4 months ago" I said. I kinda felt bad, he was being so nice and I was just being all awkward. I mean this was also the best he's gonna get if I'm being honest.

"Wow that's cool I'm suprised we've not ran into eachother at all" He said with a laugh. I nodded and forced a laugh. I took a deep breath and tried to calm down. I was suprised he didn't hate me. I mean I was his brothers ex but I guess it had been years plus we kept out arguements on the down low. He was one of our best supporters. One of the first people we told when we got together.

"Yeah uhhm I've been doing youtube now. It's the reason I'm here actually" I said keeping it casual. I was usually really enthusiastic about my career but I didn't want any attention. Especially from him.

"Same how many subscribers you got?"

"5.7 million" 

"Wow that's impressive congrat's on the road to 10 mill now" He said grinning. I nodded and took a drink out of my empty cup. I put it down immediatly in embarassment and he noticed it was empty and looked back at me.

"Can I get you a drink, you know for old times-"

"NICK!!" a girl yelled over. He turned around and turned his head to me.

"One second I'm sorry" He excused himself then walked into the crowd. I looked back to Matt to see his back to me with a tall drink and his phone in hand, typing away. I really wanted a drink but I didn't want to face him and be in even closer proximity. 

Come on Alyssa your literally 21. Both of you guys are adults there's nothing to be shy about your not in highschool anymore

I walked over and it finally clicked that the only open seat was right beside him.

Shit

Here we go I guess...

OOOOO STURNIOLO TRIPLETS MENTIONED

Feeling quite proud of this chapter idk tho gang

<3

Amelia