Seven

Fiona

AN: 11 Years ago (Age 15)

It's been four months since I became the youngest agent at Rex. Well one of the youngest. Sebastian also passed his exam on the same day as me. Even worse, he finished the entrance exam a second faster. It was only because my hand slipped on the rock climbing wall at the end. We were always the top trainees in the field agent program so we were always very competitive. He made sure to rub his win in my face.

It usually takes trainees 6-8 years to master all the skills a field agent needs so they can take the entrance exam. Sebastian and I did it in 4. My mentor showed up and congratulated me before we parted ways. He achieved his goal of making me an agent and taught me everything he knows. Our time together has ended. Now i am able to be sent on actual missions. My first one involves me attending a private college prep school in New England. The goal is for me to befriend the children of the celebrities, politicians, and CEOs that attend there. I also need to gain invitations to their homes to plant bugs or observe their home life. Because i'm orphan, they have to use an agent to pose as my legal guardian for PTA meetings.

As prep for going undercover, I will have to undergo more swimming training. Three of the kids i need to get close to are on the swim team and plan to go D1 at ivy leagues on day. I need to become as good swimmers as them so it is easier to befriend them. It will also give me excuses to interact with their parents who attend their big meets. The training is being done by Sebastian's older brother. They are so different from each other it's crazy. Where Sebastian is bold and brash, Silas is calm and calculated. He is also way less annoying and much more focused. Although, and I will never say this out loud, Sebastian is cuter.

Silas apparently got badly injured on a mission a few months back and is taking a temporary leave of absence. In that time he is coaching me and the other agents who are doing underwater training. He used to do lots of underwater missions before his injury because he is a talented diver and a strong swimmer.

"You're up next Snowfall."

I grab the weighted vest and get ready to plunge in the water.

"You think you can beat your time?"

I have been training extra outside his practices so i'm sure I can do it.

"I will."

"Go get em."

-*-

AN: Present Day (Two weeks after chapter 6 takes place)

I really enjoy coaching some of the boxing and pilates classes. Sebastian says it's because i like to boss people around. I don't think that's true. I'm just a natural born leader and because most people aren't as qualified as me, I tell them what to do. I alternate on which days I coach boxing and which days i do pilates. Of course the undercover employees help as well. Today is a boxing day. Though the other agents are in the tech and weapons sector of Rex, they still have to maintain the standard physical requirements to be an agent. That means they are well trained enough to coach and teach with me.

The mayor of Summerton has come in today for a boxing session. He was supposed to train with one of the agents but i made him take the day off so i could get one on one time with him. He started boxing recently but was going to a gym in Vegas that his buddy owned. That ended up getting shut down due to some embezzling. Once there was one nearby, he started coming here.  He seems nervous to fight me. He probably thinks he could hurt me, as if i'm not his coach. It's sexist but so incorrect i can't help but laugh. Sebastian can't even take me in hand-to-hand combat so Mayor Phillips wouldn't stand a chance.