|| Chapter 92 ||

Please Vote then Read!

MUKUL

I had no idea what had just unfolded in the living room.

Why did Vikram Uncle behave so rudely with Parinidhi? And why was my monstrous father standing there, silent, when he saw his precious property slipping away? Knowing my greedy father, who cares about nothing but money and fame, it was strange to see him so quiet. And the most baffling part was Devansh's behavior.

Our plan was simple: keep a low profile until my mother was found. Meanwhile, we'd continue the charade of my wedding to keep my father distracted and ensure he had no contact with his men for a few days. A straightforward plan, or so it seemed.

But now, with Devansh calling Parinidhi his ex-wife and talk of his marriage to Naina, nothing made sense.

Everything was spiraling out of control. Still, I knew that if Devansh was taking such drastic actions, there had to be a reason behind it. He never did anything without a solid purpose.

Considering how he had hurt Parinidhi today, the reason must be significant.

But what could be so dire that it forced Devansh's hand to such an extent? I was lost in my thoughts, trying to make sense of it all.

I sighed heavily, knowing deep down that whatever was happening had my father's scheming fingerprints all over it, forcing Devansh into this situation.

It was just a matter of a few days now. Once my men found my mother, this whole charade could end, and we could finally live in peace.

With these thoughts swirling in my mind, I made my way toward my room. As I passed by Kusum's door, I stopped, debating whether to knock or not.

When I checked on her earlier, she didn't open the door. She was angry with me—rightfully so.

I shouldn't have kissed her. But seeing her with someone else, watching her hug him, it made me lose control.

I kissed her, shocking even myself. I'm not the type to force a kiss on anyone, but what shocked me more was that she didn't push me away. She kissed me back. That was enough for me, but I still wanted to apologize to her.

Gathering my courage, I knocked on her door, not expecting her to answer. To my surprise, she did. My heart sank when I saw her red, swollen eyes, a clear sign she had been crying.

She walked into the room, and I quietly followed her. She sat at the edge of the bed, her gaze fixed downward, staring at the floor.

Seeing her like this broke something inside me. She seemed so fragile, like she was already broken and holding on by a thread.

I stepped closer to her, hesitating for a moment before moving right in front of her. She still wouldn't look up.

With a heavy sigh, I knelt down, bringing myself to her eye level, and placed my hands on the bed, one on each side of her. The movement caught her attention, and her eyes snapped up, wide with surprise and a hint of fear.

"Kusum, I'm sorry," I began, my voice low and filled with regret. I felt terrible for kissing her like that, forcing myself on her. But the truth was, I didn't regret the kiss itself. It was my first kiss, and it felt exactly like it should—full of comfort and peace. I never imagined that a single kiss from the woman I love could calm my chaotic heart so much.

She blinked several times, clearly fighting back tears, and it tore me apart. I reached a hand toward her face to wipe away the tears but stopped just short. "May I?" I asked softly.