𝟑𝟓| 𝖋𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖞 𝖒𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘

WITH HER ARMS CROSSED, Tessa leaned in the doorway of their bedroom and watched the scene in awe

WITH HER ARMS CROSSED, Tessa leaned in the doorway of their bedroom and watched the scene in awe. Summer was lying on Happy's chest, her soft snoring mixed with that of Sawyer's, who was lying in Happy's arm, cuddled into his father's side, while Happy's other arm was always around the small bundle on his chest so that Summer couldn't roll off. Sawyer held on tightly to his little sister's hand, not even letting go in his sleep, while Baxter slept at the foot of the bed, always keeping them company.

The idea that she would ever have a family of her own with the man she only knew as her stepmother's son a few years ago and had hardly any contact with him was still sometimes baffling to her today. But her happiness was all she needed to know that she had made the right decision back then.

If she hadn't stormed into the clubhouse that Friday night completely off track to look for none other than Happy Lowman, she probably wouldn't have his last name in less than two months. So, as terrible as the reason for her visit to the clubhouse had been, it had also been the path to her happiness.

"Why are you still standing there?" When Happy's gruff words pulled her out of her thoughts, Tessa cleared her throat just before letting out a soft laugh.

With a click of her tongue, she returned his cheeky grin. "Maybe because I like watching my fiancé being the best father in the world?"

"You know exactly what to say", he countered with a proud grin as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes with his thumb and forefinger and checked to see if Summer's head was turned sideways so she could breathe. Then he patted the mattress next to him. "Come here, baby."

Bending backwards a little, Tessa glanced into the hallway, grimacing at the mess of laundry she had sorted on the floor earlier to wash. "I still have to do the laundry."

"Woman, get your stubborn, pretty ass over here right now", Happy demanded as he beckoned her towards him with his fingers. "Laundry can wait."

He couldn't care less about the laundry, he preferred to collect memories with his family that he himself never had as a child. Maybe that's why it was so important to him to spend as much time as possible with Sawyer and Summerᅳ because he never had a father figure. Just a drunken deadbeat and that only until he was ten years old.

His family was so important to him that he had even put the club on the back burner, but that didn't mean that he was absentᅳ he was just at home most of the time and only available when he was needed. Especially in the first few weeks, he wanted to support Tessa as much as possible.

"Because of you, I'm letting the whole housework slide", she said, giggling softly as she sought comfort in his arm and laid her head on his chest after stealing a gentle kiss from his lips. Without waking Summer, she ran her hand over the girl's tiny head, humming contentedly. "I could look at them both all day."

"And? I can help you later", Happy said with a slight, barely noticeable shrug. His fingers danced up Tessa's arm, tracing her tattoos. "Yeah, it's pretty hard not to stare at them all the time."